MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't report content to a moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2018-07-09, 04:07 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Its not 'sometimes'.

If you are trying to report a user whose usergroup settings " Can be reported (profile, posts and reputation)?" is unchecked you will get the error. No matter who you are - admin, mod or just a user ...

Well,the error has been reported from the same user and the thread were also in the same forum,so,settings have nothing to do with this.

I am talking about thread reporting not reporting an user.

After that,i also tried to use the report button on that thread,didn't work for me too.

Regards.
Looks like this problem still exists for posts sent by guests in forums where guests are allowed to post. In my forum's settings "Can be reported (profile, posts and reputation)?" is checked for Guests and this problem still exits.
(2018-07-10, 03:56 AM)babak Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like this problem still exists for posts sent by guests in forums where guests are allowed to post. In my forum's settings "Can be reported (profile, posts and reputation)?" is checked for Guests and this problem still exits.

This works fine for me...
Thanks for confirming Wires.
I guess people are confused about the community forums activity. Once again, latest patches are not applied yet to community forums.
(2018-07-10, 09:08 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for confirming Wires.
I guess people are confused about the community forums activity. Once again, latest patches are not applied yet to community forums.

No, I was not referring to the community forum. I don't think guests have permission to post in the community forum. I was referring to my own board where guests are allowed to post. The only way I managed to get reporting to work for posts by guests was to remove the main permission check from reports.php lines 120 to 124:

$permissions = user_permissions($checkid);
if(empty($permissions['canbereported']))
{
 	$error = $lang->sprintf($lang->error_invalid_report, $report_type);
}
Alright babek. I got what you said. This is not a bug related to report system. I suggest you to restore the removed code. Removing that will allow everyone to report anyone's post ignoring the group settings.

This is a completely different bug related to group permissions. Do the following modification and you will be fine:

Open inc/functions.php. Go to line number 1215 and locate this code under function `user_permissions()'

if($uid == 0)
	{
		$uid = $mybb->user['uid'];
	}

Change it to

if($uid == 0)
	{
		return $groupscache[1];
	}

Save the file and you will be good to go ...

Edit: Or see the complete fix here:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3338/files
(2018-07-05, 11:06 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

I have posted a fix at Github.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3299/files

However you can download and replace the attached report.php with the packaged one. Hope this will fix the issue ...
Just downloaded and replaced the report.php file on my site. It is still not working. Using the latest mybb
after update to 1.8.20, report button not working like this
(2019-04-15, 09:10 AM)FaridAzhar777 Wrote: [ -> ]after update to 1.8.20, report button not working like this

I just tried to report this post and its working.
Check permissions.
Pages: 1 2 3