MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade To MyBB 1.8.17 Pre-Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2018-07-13, 04:23 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-13, 04:11 PM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]even copied all files from mybb1817 still ... the same error.
seems like im the only one who didn't come out of this error.

You still have to apply the changes manually to your custom theme.

MyBB 1.8.17 does NOT automatically fix the login postkey issue when using a custom theme.

Edit: In fact, you’re free to PM access to your cPanel so I can upgrade your forum and then apply the correct changes.

even when i created new theme it didnt change anything but ok let me test it that way

sent you pm. hopping it will solve my problem.

OK I SOLVED THE PROBLEM I HAD.
i got it where my issue was.

early years ago i edited config file that is in inc folder,
i had error too many connections and set up something that so far it was working fine but after 1.8.16 it started causing errors.

when i edited that file, to be one user login only  it started working fine.
I am just hopping that error won't come back.
Great to see this feedback, thanks everybody for testing it out. I do just want to make some comments about how we manage pre-releases in the future.

I know the announcement may have been hard to see, that's our fault. I made the announcement in the 1.8 Development forum rather than global as there's something weird going on with this community forum in that it won't allow us to create global announcements. I need to try and fix that this weekend. We did also post a message on Twitter linking to the announcement, but I understand not everybody uses Twitter. For the future, we'll likely add a bar to the header of the forum.

The idea of showing announcement for pre-releases in the ACP sounds good on paper, but I don't think it'll happen in the 1.8 series. We'd need to modify the ACP slightly, or post something on the blog. Posting a message on the blog could be confusing, which is why we avoided it - there would be a "pre-release" post followed very closely by a "release" post. For users subscribed to blog email updates, they may get annoyed by so many emails whenever there is a release/pre-release.

Regarding the ACP showing 1.8.16 as the latest version, that's an unfortunate side-effect of it being a pre-release. We've never done pre-releases like this before, so there is no code or infrastructure in place to recognise pre-release versions being different to full release versions, and if we added 1.8.17 to the upgrade announcement system before full release, the ACP would simply list it as a full release which would lead to confusion.

We definitely want to continue doing these pre-releases in the future, as this threads shows the clear and obvious benefit! We'll improve our processes for the pre-releases in the future as we get a bit more experience with them and work out what works well and what doesn't.

Again, thanks everybody for testing - the feedback always helps!
(2018-07-14, 10:41 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see this feedback, thanks everybody for testing it out. I do just want to make some comments about how we manage pre-releases in the future.

I know the announcement may have been hard to see, that's our fault. I made the announcement in the 1.8 Development forum rather than global as there's something weird going on with this community forum in that it won't allow us to create global announcements. I need to try and fix that this weekend. We did also post a message on Twitter linking to the announcement, but I understand not everybody uses Twitter. For the future, we'll likely add a bar to the header of the forum.

The idea of showing announcement for pre-releases in the ACP sounds good on paper, but I don't think it'll happen in the 1.8 series. We'd need to modify the ACP slightly, or post something on the blog. Posting a message on the blog could be confusing, which is why we avoided it - there would be a "pre-release" post followed very closely by a "release" post. For users subscribed to blog email updates, they may get annoyed by so many emails whenever there is a release/pre-release.

Regarding the ACP showing 1.8.16 as the latest version, that's an unfortunate side-effect of it being a pre-release. We've never done pre-releases like this before, so there is no code or infrastructure in place to recognise pre-release versions being different to full release versions, and if we added 1.8.17 to the upgrade announcement system before full release, the ACP would simply list it as a full release which would lead to confusion.

We definitely want to continue doing these pre-releases in the future, as this threads shows the clear and obvious benefit! We'll improve our processes for the pre-releases in the future as we get a bit more experience with them and work out what works well and what doesn't.

Again, thanks everybody for testing - the feedback always helps!

Euan T, Thank you and the team for listening it's good you are taking advice on board, overall I'm a bit of a thinker so I look around and see what would benefit most people when I make these suggestions.

Don't beat yourself up that you couldn't utilize this fully as you mentioned there were issues with this forum making it more known with a back end bug and processes always take a time to work through and implement.

As long as you are listening taking the right steps to go forward we will all support you.

In the future when you do the ACP you can incorporate pre-releases into that new design as well as a way we can see updates to the plugins and themes we use as there is no current way we can get and see directly that information in the forum if a plugin or theme has been updated by the developer.
So users know when to update their boards but not the other bits that go alongside it.

Putting more of the output of new tools in users forums and going to them in more areas, would lead to a better community and cut down support requests as well as increase productivity both your end, developers and users alike.

Thanks again from us running our forums.
(2018-07-13, 04:12 PM)terzier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-13, 09:38 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]New package 1.8.17

failed. upgrade process is just spinning on the same page. not running on the next (page) process
[show page error 524 cloudflare]

is there any other solution?
because in all my websites that use MyBB happens like this

Which version are you upgrading from, and which page of the upgrade process do you reach before having this problem?
this upgrade works fine,
i noticed something after 1.8.16
i subscribed to this thread here, but this thread doesnt show up in UCP my subscribed threads.
Why you not add 1.8.17. in to download ?

[Image: pgnMh5i.jpg]
(2018-07-14, 11:42 AM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]this upgrade works fine,
i subscribed to this thread here, but this thread doesnt show up in UCP my subscribed threads.

Works fine for me:
[Image: Untitled_7.png]
(2018-07-14, 11:42 AM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]this upgrade works fine,

You must click VIEW ALL SUBSCRIPTIONS  ( on the right )

or, the thread will ONLY show up if it had NEW POST/COMMENT  

there is a bug* ( it seems )

after making a reply, i get UNSUBSCRIBED from this topic.....

Everyone, SUBSCRIBE to this  thread...

then make a post...

then RELOAD the page

You will see that you are NOT SUBSCRIBED anymore.
Quote:there is a bug* ( it seems )

after making a reply, i get UNSUBSCRIBED from this topic.....

Same issue on my test board mybb pre relases 1.8.17

Yes, you have right
I'm subscribed to this thread (I have the user CP option set to subscribe to every thread I reply to) and replying doesn't unsubscribe me. Can anybody confirm this on any other boards?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5