MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to move post control to the top?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i tried playing around with the following in postbit template

<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
 {$post['thanks']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_mention']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
</div>

but it does not work

what i want in pictures Toungue

NOW:
[attachment=40606]

What I want:
[attachment=40607]
(2018-07-15, 03:04 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]i tried playing around with the following in postbit template

{$post['thanks']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_mention']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
</div>

but it does not work

NOW:

What I want:

Honestly, I don't think putting that at the top of the editor bar is a good place for that.

I think leaving that at the bottom is the most logical place for those functions.
Like the Reply button has always been underneath the poster's post/message.
Putting that on top may confuse users.
(2018-07-15, 03:19 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-15, 03:04 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]i tried playing around with the following in postbit template

</div>

but it does not work

NOW:

What I want:

Honestly, I don't think putting that at the top of the editor bar is a good place for that.

I think leaving that at the bottom is the most logical place for those functions.

its a matter of preference 
you do know there is a new reply button on the top of the post right?  Big Grin
Edit template postbit or postbit_classic and find something like this:
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>

Move it before:
<div class="post_content">
(2018-07-15, 05:23 PM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit template postbit or postbit_classic and find something like this:
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
		{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>

Move it before:
<div class="post_content">

ah no wonder nothing happend
i'm using classic view
but it looks like it takes more than just moving that around  Confused
Have you tried what chack suggested? If so, what's happening? Does the div show up? Are the buttons responsive? Please elaborate.
(2018-07-15, 04:09 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-15, 03:19 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

</div>

but it does not work

NOW:

What I want:

its a matter of preference 
you do know there is a new reply button on the top of the post right?  Big Grin

In the default MyBB theme? I don't see one. 
In fact, I don't see one in my custom theme. The Reply button is at the bottom as usual.
Quote:In the default MyBB theme? I don't see one. 
In fact, I don't see one in my custom theme. The Reply button is at the bottom as usual.

Lol.
There is one on top and bottom.
https://i.imgur.com/eqj9anh.png
(2018-07-15, 08:11 PM)Livewire Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In the default MyBB theme? I don't see one. 

Lol.
There is one on top and bottom.
https://i.imgur.com/eqj9anh.png

Not sure what you were looking at, but here at MyBB.com, I don't see a reply button at the top in the default MyBB theme.

[Image: e9d8bc5157d28a1e7798c2b6f81126a4.png]
@8guawong

Paste this..
	</div>
	</div>
</div>

After
<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>

If you have a custom theme may require some css, If you need help shoot me a PM with test account.
Should look like this https://i.imgur.com/1aZcyW6.png
Pages: 1 2