MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP routes to 403 Error After Switching Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just upgraded to premium hosting and I haven't had access to my Admin CP since the website was live on the new hosting.

It just routes to a 403 error page and I've even tried changing the admin directory in config.php. Nothing seems to work.

You don't have permission to access /king/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

And no, adjusting anything with mod_security doesn't fix anything.

EDIT: Fixed. I had to contact my hosting provider to whitelist my site. Sadly.
EDIT #2: By 'whitelist' I mean enable something for me. You can chill the f uck out now.
(2018-07-24, 11:17 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded to premium hosting and I haven't had access to my Admin CP since the website was live on the new hosting.

It just routes to a 403 error page and I've even tried changing the admin directory in config.php. Nothing seems to work.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

Interesting to note that everyone knows the name of your Admin folder. That's sad.
(2018-07-25, 04:09 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-24, 11:17 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded to premium hosting and I haven't had access to my Admin CP since the website was live on the new hosting.

Interesting to note that everyone knows the name of your Admin folder. That's sad.

Not really when I changed it

Toungue
Did you set the file permissions ("chmod") correctly?
Is it possible if you can tell which hosting was that and why they had to blacklist your admin url ? Seems weird.
(2018-07-30, 01:40 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible if you can tell which hosting was that and why they had to blacklist your admin url ? Seems weird.

It's not hard to see why the hosting company blacklisted this website.

The URL is leetforums.net - A lot of hosting companies blacklist sites that have 'leet' in the domain. 
They have to protect their hosting company and the websites they host from potential dark web crap.
It doesn't make this website a dark web site, but the hosting company doesn't know that initially. 
That's the reason for contacting them to be placed on the whitelist.
(2018-07-30, 01:48 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-30, 01:40 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible if you can tell which hosting was that and why they had to blacklist your admin url ? Seems weird.

It's not hard to see why the hosting company blacklisted this website.

The URL is leetforums.net - A lot of hosting companies blacklist sites that have 'leet' in the domain. 
They have to protect their hosting company and the websites they host from potential dark web crap.
It doesn't make this website a dark web site, but the hosting company doesn't know that initially. 
That's the reason for contacting them to be placed on the whitelist.

Ah, I should have noticed Smile.
Usually people who potentially create those website avoid shared hostings because they can be easily targeted.
Yeah no, the hosting never blacklisted anything buddy.
(2018-08-01, 10:56 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no, the hosting never blacklisted anything buddy.

Well they did something if you needed to get whitelisted.. Anyhow, did you ever find out what caused it?
(2018-08-01, 10:56 PM)leetforums Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no, the hosting never blacklisted anything buddy.

You sure about that?

You said this in post #1 -- "EDIT: Fixed. I had to contact my hosting provider to whitelist my site. Sadly."

Contradiction? Yea, I think so. 
Pages: 1 2