MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I've just upgraded to MyBB 1.8.17 from 1.8.15, no I have this problem:

After filling in the whole contact information I get this Error:
[attachment=40651]
I searched the internet for solutions, but they are all for Mybb 1.6 and below. I have no Plugins acivated.
Best regards and thanks for your help.
Link.

thunfischbaum

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just double checked my forum, one plugin is installed.
It's called Page Manager by Sebastian Wunderlich.
Sadly not working, further suggestions?
If you have a copy of your original forum SQL DB, look for the mybb_users table and delete the one that is on the "updated" forum and try to just replace that specific table.
Getting more Errors now...
So the issue with that error is around line 363 in index.php - I'm now out of my depth with providing help.
(2018-07-28, 11:09 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]So the issue with that error is around line 363 in index.php - I'm now out of my depth with providing help.

Okay, thanks for your help.
(2018-07-28, 11:12 AM)thunfischbaum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-28, 11:09 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]So the issue with that error is around line 363 in index.php - I'm now out of my depth with providing help.

Okay, thanks for your help.

No problem, best of luck. If all else fails. Revert to your old forums, disable all plugins no matter what they are, and then try to update/upgrade again.

Sometimes installing a new MyBB system and then just uploading all the Database info to MySQL is the best way. The only problem is you lose custom theme(s) and coding.

If you do that, make sure you add all the plugins you had to the new site before you insert the Databases.
This turned out to be SHOCKINGLY easy to fix.

Simply open up PHPMyAdmin if you have that. Click on your database. Find "Users". Click that, then click the tab that says "structure". You'll see a bunch of horizontal columns. Between ICQ and Yahoo is where "aim" should be. Go to the bottom of that page where it says "Add column". Select the 1. Then on the list select "after ICQ". Then just copy the info from Yahoo and ICQ into the boxes, name it "aim" and then create.

Bang. Problem solved. I guess the query function is supposed to do this, but for whatever reason it did not work. So just do it manually.
Actually, all mentions of aim should be removed. The error occurred because you have upgraded wrongly at one point or another.
Pages: 1 2