MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preventing new replies in closed threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like the idea of  "Forum Helpers". I will consider something along those lines.

Mike
(2018-08-01, 06:52 PM)Mike QS Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of  "Forum Helpers". I will consider something along those lines.

Mike

Their main job is to be on the side of the members, but at the same time look after the forum and point me to things that need sorting.

They have permissions to approve, disapprove, warn, etc and act as a middleman between myself and the members if needed. Like Serpius they have their own forum/board where they can discuss things and involve me if needed, but I mostly let them get on with it.  

Members don't usually like Moderators, but if they know Helpers are there for them and on their side they tend to accept them more as they know their powers are limited.
(2018-08-01, 07:07 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-01, 06:52 PM)Mike QS Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of  "Forum Helpers". I will consider something along those lines.

Mike

Their main job is to be on the side of the members, but at the same time look after the forum and point me to things that need sorting.

They have permissions to approve, disapprove, warn, etc and act as a middleman between myself and the members if needed. Like Serpius they have their own forum/board where they can discuss things and involve me if needed, but I mostly let them get on with it.  

Members don't usually like Moderators, but if they know Helpers are there for them and on their side they tend to accept them more as they know their powers are limited.

My Admin and I pretty much leave the users alone. 

Recently, a rare occasion was that we had to temp ban someone AFTER we repeatedly told that person not to post something that was against the forum rules. 

That person already has 2 strikes, one more strike... I will permanently ban that person. It's been a month now... so far that user has been behaving themselves.
Pages: 1 2