MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Task manager is delayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The promotion system was default and never changed. Its suppose to run every 20 minutes but when i check it, it says its going to run at 9PM EST tonight (4 hours from now). Why is it not running every 20 minutes? I have to keep manually running that task when someone complains about not being promoted because its not running when it should.

The following is a screenshot of my settings.

EDIT:Checking other tasks too, they seem to be off. For example the version check is set to do it every day, but is not running that task until 2+ days from now. The mass email task is also not doing anything for 4 hours when its set to every 15 minutes, with * for days and month. Its like the settings no longer are taking effect.
Task execution depends on activity in your forum.There's a tiny invisible image in your forum footer template (or: it *should* be there), loading that image triggers the task system. So if no one loads your page, the tasks will be delayed. Something like this should be in your footer template:
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
If that is there, then the problem is something else.

With promotions, I noticed that the actual change (e.g. new display group) only are implemented once the user logs in again.
yes it is there in the footer and yes there are a lot of people on the forum. There is activity on the board all the time. Even if one 20 minute task might get missed by nighttime hours, the next one surely would not. That still would not be why the task manager states it will run 4 hours from now, when its set to run every 20 minutes.

Quote:97 users active in the past 5 minutes (6 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 87 guests).

9,289 users active in the past 24 hours (111 members, 4 of whom are invisible, and 9,178 guests).

</div>
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code --><!-- UNREADPOSTS_JS -->
{$auto_dst_detection}

Im not sure if they have to log out to get user group change. One user was obviously in a lower user group, and when i manually ran the task manager (promotion), he was instantly promoted to the next group.
Could it be due to a (server side) cache that prevents the task image from being loaded?
i dont recall making any server changes like that.
Members on my forum have not been getting e-mail notifications, and I'm guessing this is linked to this issue.

Out of interest after reading this thread, I checked the tasks and noted that none of the tasks have run since 29th July, and before that, the tasks weren't updating when they were supposed to; it looks like things started to go wrong around about the 15th of July

?

(2018-08-10, 07:37 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Members on my forum have not been getting e-mail notifications, and I'm guessing this is linked to this issue.

Out of interest after reading this thread, I checked the tasks and noted that none of the tasks have run since 29th July, and before that, the tasks weren't updating when they were supposed to; it looks like things started to go wrong around about the 15th of July

?

Ignore -

<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->

Was missing  Shy
(2018-08-10, 03:07 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]i dont recall making any server changes like that.

Yeah, but in your other thread it looks like a cache problem, too: https://community.mybb.com/thread-219220.html
I rebuilt and reloaded the cache, and it DID fix the edit issue. But it did not fix the task manager issue.

I am not sure how to do the same for server cache?

Researching it seems to imply its related to the htaccess file...which this is mine.

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
    # Turn off mod_security filtering.
    SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ https://python-forum.io/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap\-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum\-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread\-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement\-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User\-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event\-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

#added metulburr to change toplinks and other page manager pages to be more google SEO friendly
RewriteRule pages/(.*)\.php$ misc.php?page=$1

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?                     calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?        action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?                                  action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
        SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 7 days"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 7 days"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 7 days"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 7 days"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 6 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access plus 7 days"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 3 month"
AddType image/x-icon .ico
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 30 days"
ExpiresByType image/ico "access plus 30 days"
# Do not cache HTML
ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 0 seconds"
# Dinamyc data do not cache
ExpiresByType text/xml "access plus 0 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/xml "access plus 0 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/json "access plus 0 seconds"
# RSS feeds
ExpiresByType application/atom+xml "access plus 6 hours"
ExpiresByType application/rss+xml "access plus 6 hours"
# Web fonts: 1 month
ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType font/opentype "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject "access plus 1 month"
# By default
ExpiresDefault "access plus 7 days"
</IfModule>

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change  it here too
<Files "error.log">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
</Files>

but all the cache related stuff was default htaccess stuff in there before i changed anything.