MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.18 Pre-Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We are pleased to announce the pre-release of MyBB 1.8.18. MyBB 1.8.18 is a maintenance and security release that fixes several issues reported since the release of 1.8.17 last month.

For a full list of the changes in this version, please see here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/milestone/25?closed=1

With this release MyBB has redefined the functionality of Word Filter feature. Note that all the admins are required to re declare the existing word filters according to the new rules to achieve intended functionality. For further guidance about the new rules please follow this document:
https://github.com/effone/misc.drafts/bl...badword.md

This release does have several changed templates, and does require a CSS change which is documented here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3216#i...-412369569

Please note that this a is a pre-release package that doesn't contain any security patches. Current MyBB policy is to include security patches only with final releases, which usually happen within a week of a pre-release if testing of pre-release packages goes well. We don't usually recommend running a pre-release version on a live board.

To view and download the packages, please see here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Hi Eaun T, THanks for Sharing the Pre-Relased.

My Test:
When Update the procces its ok, but in my firs time to reply a thread, display that:

Note: THe Messenger Not display again with other forums but report the test Sql error

[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_08_12_a_las_6_22_14_p_m.png]

Videos:
- YouTube...  Not Display the Video when are mixed with videos MetaCafe,
- Metacafe Not Display the videos

ACP:
Home » File Verification » Checking...

[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_08_12_a_las_7_10_01_p_m.png]

Home » PHP Info:
Warning [2] phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 24 - File: admin/modules/tools/php_info.php PHP 5.6.37 (Linux)
[Image: Captura_de_pantalla_2018_08_12_a_las_7_17_50_p_m.png]

Best Regards
For the php_info() error it appears that your host is blocking the functionality. It is required to remove phpinfo from the list of disabled functions in php.ini. Ask your host for further assistance regarding this.
1. Tested in deep, Youtube-Metacafe video-duo going good.
[Image: Opera_Snapshot_2018_08_13_152227_localhost.png]

2. The file verification report is legit.

3. The SQL error that is posted happened with me only once while testing video-duo, however couldn't reproduce further.

Will continue testing. Thanks for the reports, Pino.
Reference:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3058 File Verification can wrongly parse mybb.com responses
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3373/f...1bcf03R723 Fixes #3139 Attachment: a bug and a mod to allow multi-attachment selection
Thanks a lot for the feedback so far! We'll have to investigate the attachment one, I've added it to the original GitHub issue so we can investigate it and build another patched package.

On a somewhat related note, I know a lot of people had feedback about the way we announced and handled pre-releases. Things obviously still need improving (eg: the file verification...), but I would like some feedback on whether creating a thread like this works better than an announcement? You should be able to subscribe to this 1.8 development forum to get emails about new threads, and only staff can create threads here. The plan is to make new threads for each pre-release, and each new thread would be a sticky.
Hey Euan,
I am not knowing anything about per-release, is this new way of MyBB new versions update flow ?
This is a version similar to main release, not meant to use in live sites but to distribute to mass for better testing and left out / newly introduced bugs fixing resulting to better normal release. Only difference is it doesn't contain any security patches included.

Don't know if I have described it correctly, but more or less its like that. After like a week of mass testing by the community the standard release with same version takes place adding identified bug fixes and security parches.
(2018-08-13, 04:16 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This is a version similar to main release, not meant to use in live sites but to distribute to mass for better testing and left out / newly introduced bugs fixing resulting to better normal release. Only difference is it doesn't contain any security patches included.

Don't know if I have described it correctly, but more or less its like that. After like a week of mass testing by the community the standard release with same version takes place adding identified bug fixes and security parches.

Exactly right. Pre-releases aren't posted on the blog and the normal extra work (eg: creating the version check pages, the new plugin hooks list, the release notes documentation) isn't done. Pre-releases are basically a way of us telling the world to expect a release soon (usually within a week of the first pre-release, so long as there aren't any big major issues discovered) and asking for the community to try and help us test the new packages if they can. It also gives theme and plugin developers a chance to make sure their products are compatible with the newest versions before they're even released.
(2018-08-13, 07:08 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-13, 04:16 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]This is a version similar to main release, not meant to use in live sites but to distribute to mass for better testing and left out / newly introduced bugs fixing resulting to better normal release. Only difference is it doesn't contain any security patches included.

Exactly right. Pre-releases aren't posted on the blog and the normal extra work (eg: creating the version check pages, the new plugin hooks list, the release notes documentation) isn't done. Pre-releases are basically a way of us telling the world to expect a release soon (usually within a week of the first pre-release, so long as there aren't any big major issues discovered) and asking for the community to try and help us test the new packages if they can. It also gives theme and plugin developers a chance to make sure their products are compatible with the newest versions before they're even released.

That's fine, but...

I wondered about something...

What if those security releases cause some issues that were discovered in the public release? 

I am kind of thinking... well... if the pre-release had included the security fixes, then issues related to the security issues would be caught BEFORE the public release.

That's kind of where I am going with this.

Thoughts on this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4