MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Missing Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All the sprites on the theme do not work for me. But if I switch to other 3rd party themes, or default, they are fine.

I guess time to contact the developer, unless anyone knows a spot to look at? maybe a path is wrong somewhere?
(2018-09-03, 04:41 AM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]All the sprites on the theme do not work for me. But if I switch to other 3rd party themes, or default, they are fine.

I guess time to contact the developer, unless anyone knows a spot to look at? maybe a path is wrong somewhere?

It doesnt use sprites, it uses font-awesome icons via font-awesome which is internally linked via headerinclude.., perhaps the theme file directory structure was not uploaded correctly thus not linking to internal font-awesome? Without seeing the forum, one can only speculate. Do you have a link to your forum?
(2018-09-03, 05:48 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-03, 04:41 AM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]All the sprites on the theme do not work for me. But if I switch to other 3rd party themes, or default, they are fine.

It doesnt use sprites, it uses font-awesome icons via font-awesome which is internally linked via headerinclude.., perhaps the theme file directory structure was not uploaded correctly thus not linking to internal font-awesome? Without seeing the forum, one can only speculate. Do you have a link to your forum?

Here is an example of the missing thread icons. I believe the directory structure is correct.

Also I tried creating a new post, and the text is a medium grey, while the background is dark grey, making it very hard to read what is being typed in a new post.

Included three attachments. Smile
@Skirmy

So, your directory structure is incorrect as I had initially assumed.

The package is similar to the mybb package and has a structure like so:

Documentation
Upload
Cerise-theme.xml

Ok, once the theme file is installed you need to think of the Upload folder as your forum directory and all contents inside of upload goes in your main forum directory. Do not, I repeat, do not, add files to the images directory like you did. My themes have a folder in the main forum directory called themes and individual theme named folders are housed there. Ie: when you installed mybb you had to rename a folder called upload to forums/community etc. Hopefully that makes sense when you see the Upload folder in the theme package.

Current latest build #11 of cerise: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...6&bid=3397

As for any other issues, I will look into them when I have some free time to do so, but lately, what little free time I have for mybb, is being taken up with needing to update numerous themes and plugins for 1.8.18.

Ok, for now if you are only using say cerise theme or what not you can edit core file to change that text you are talking about having difficulty seeing in editor.

In  forum/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.mybb.css

Find:

html, body, p, code:before, table {
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
	font-size: 14px;
	color: #333;
}

Edit color #333 to your needs
(2018-09-06, 06:47 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]@Skirmy

Documentation
Upload
Cerise-theme.xml

Ok, once the theme file is installed you need to think of the Upload folder as your forum directory and all contents inside of upload goes in your main forum directory. Do not, I repeat, do not, add files to the images directory like you did. My themes have a folder in the main forum directory called themes and individual theme named folders are housed there. Ie: when you installed mybb you had to rename a folder called upload to forums/community etc. Hopefully that makes sense when you see the Upload folder in the theme package.

Current latest build #11 of cerise: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...6&bid=3397

As for any other issues, I will look into them when I have some free time to do so, but lately, what little free time I have for mybb, is being taken up with needing to update numerous themes and plugins for 1.8.18.

Ok, for now if you are only using say cerise theme or what not you can edit core file to change that text you are talking about having difficulty seeing in editor.

Find:

}

Ok, figured out the directory structure so it's working. Thank you!

I edited the core file, changed #333 to #fff and it didn't change. When I create a new post, the text is still that dark grey as seen in the previous screenshot.
(2018-09-07, 04:22 PM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-06, 06:47 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]@Skirmy

Documentation
Upload
Cerise-theme.xml

Find:

}

Ok, figured out the directory structure so it's working. Thank you!

I edited the core file, changed #333 to #fff and it didn't change. When I create a new post, the text is still that dark grey as seen in the previous screenshot.

Glad you got the directory structure corrected. Also that edit works completely fine for editor posting as you can see from the attached screenshot from trying it out on my mobile localhost. As for post body text, that is completely different from what was asked and has nothing to do with thd editor but can easily be changed in various areas of the theme by modify text color in various desired elements. Ie: #A0A0A0 to whatever hex you prefer
(2018-09-07, 06:27 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you got the directory structure corrected. Also that edit works completely fine for editor posting as you can see from the attached screenshot from trying it out on my mobile localhost. As for post body text, that is completely different from what was asked and has nothing to do with thd editor but can easily be changed in various areas of the theme by modify text color in various desired elements. Ie: #A0A0A0 to whatever hex you prefer

It's still the same question lol. What in your theme should I change in order for new posts, or replies to existing posts, to be readable? (IE white) I love the theme but that text is just too hard to see lol.

"modify text color in various desired elements" <-- Which elements?

Thank you! Smile
(2018-09-07, 07:13 PM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-07, 06:27 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Glad you got the directory structure corrected. Also that edit works completely fine for editor posting as you can see from the attached screenshot from trying it out on my mobile localhost. As for post body text, that is completely different from what was asked and has nothing to do with thd editor but can easily be changed in various areas of the theme by modify text color in various desired elements. Ie: #A0A0A0 to whatever hex you prefer

It's still the same question lol. What in your theme should I change in order for new posts, or replies to existing posts, to be readable? (IE white) I love the theme but that text is just too hard to see lol.

Thank you! Smile

Editor input text and post output text are not the same question in the least and  styled individually, lol.

Not sure what you are doing wrong because I clearly showed you the editor input with white text in the previous screenshot so I do know that it works.

The editing various elements desired, means just that..., whatever elements you want to change in various parts of the theme...., there is not just one text color in a theme..., many areas have individual text styling. Hinting to the actual hex code for text color was a hint that if you want to replace any and or alll text in that color you can open a text editor copy the css into it select find and replace either individually or all and swap the hex to your desired hex for example I show you a screenshot attached below from my mobile localhost where I simply found and replaced all #a0a0a0 in the entire them with #ffffff like I described you could do previously. If that doesnt suit you then you can edit individual text colors for individual elements...

If that is too difficult here is just the theme xml file with all #a0a0a0 replaced with #ffffff

[attachment=40815]

As I stated previously..., I have not very much mybb related free time as of late and should be focussing on numerous theme and plugin updates for 1.8.18 usage and not spending too much time modifying and changing an already complete theme for one individual use if that makes sense and should hope the end user will complete said personal required modifications and as I am giving you support via a mobile localhost and not a computer..., I am trying to limit how much I do and trying to explain how you can do it. Hopefully what I have already done on this theme and the seedu theme for one individual use will suffice.
(2018-09-07, 09:17 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you! Smile

Editor input text and post output text are not the same question in the least and  styled individually, lol.

Not sure what you are doing wrong because I clearly showed you the editor input with white text in the previous screenshot so I do know that it works.

The editing various elements desired, means just that..., whatever elements you want to change in various parts of the theme...., there is not just one text color in a theme..., many areas have individual text styling. Hinting to the actual hex code for text color was a hint that if you want to replace any and or alll text in that color you can open a text editor copy the css into it select find and replace either individually or all and swap the hex to your desired hex for example I show you a screenshot attached below from my mobile localhost where I simply found and replaced all #a0a0a0 in the entire them with #ffffff like I described you could do previously. If that doesnt suit you then you can edit individual text colors for individual elements...

If that is too difficult here is just the theme xml file with all #a0a0a0 replaced with #ffffff

As I stated previously..., I have not very much mybb related free time as of late and should be focussing on numerous theme and plugin updates for 1.8.18 usage and not spending too much time modifying and changing an already complete theme for one individual use if that makes sense and should hope the end user will complete said personal required modifications and as I am giving you support via a mobile localhost and not a computer..., I am trying to limit how much I do and trying to explain how you can do it. Hopefully what I have already done on this theme and the seedu theme for one individual use will suffice.

Thank you!

I could certainly do a find and replace on an xml file lol. But I was hoping to avoid that and only locate the elements for the editor. I did change that one, but was also looking for the editor, and was hoping you knew off the top of your head which element that was.

I tried your new Cerise theme you posted, where you did the find and replace, but again, still has grey text and I do not know why. Of course, the find and replace changed URL's, etc to white. All I want is the editor, when you reply to text, etc. But even in the new one you just linked after the find and replace, all the text is still grey. See screenshots.

Sorry you are busy. Hope that opens up for you.
(2018-09-08, 05:05 PM)Skirmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-07, 09:17 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you! Smile

Thank you!

I could certainly do a find and replace on an xml file lol. But I was hoping to avoid that and only locate the elements for the editor. I did change that one, but was also looking for the editor, and was hoping you knew off the top of your head which element that was.

I tried your new Cerise theme you posted, where you did the find and replace, but again, still has grey text and I do not know why. Of course, the find and replace changed URL's, etc to white. All I want is the editor, when you reply to text, etc. But even in the new one you just linked after the find and replace, all the text is still grey. See screenshots.

Sorry you are busy. Hope that opens up for you.

Thank you for the thank you. Now let us get back to the subject at hand. Firstly yet again about the editor.
That is because the input text for the editor is not controlled by a theme it is hardcoded in the css for jscripts editor as i stated numerous times and showed you already how to edit that. And no, the text in the new xml is not grey as you say it is white as my screenshots clearly showed you..., hence the entire reason for showing the screenshots to show you I cannot re-create your issue with the new changes. So either one you are still viewing your old unmodified cerise theme and or two your cookies and history need to be cleared via browser and or theme cache is still pulling old cache. I even just reupped the previosly provided xml and renamed it Cerise2 to hopefully clear up any confusion if you have multiple versions of theme installed or what not. Also, you say the active non hovered or non visited links turned white when in the unedited theme they already where? How on earth is that when the only replaced elements was font color unrelated to any linkage? If you don't want that  then swap around the trow1 and trow2 active hover and visited styling. I am not stating this rudely, I am just stating clearly and truthfully that I am not going to completely change every little element on demand on a long ago completed theme for one single usage..., as that makes absolutely no sense and is a waste of  my rather limited time. Also the end user often doesnt realise that when you change a few things in a design, then that often creates issues that require more and more changes to fit with the previous requested changes, often times making the job much more than what the end user thought it would be..., so that is something to contemplate. Besides this is the second theme I have modified for you, the other being a theme I did not even create.Sorry. My support is limited usually to telling a user how to do what they ask. Sometimes I go out of my way and provide the edits in a modified xml but I do not have to do that. Designers and developers do these works for free  and on their own time and dime and hope the end user will learn by doing their own desired edits and will take the time to search the forums first for numerous past posts that detail how to do exactly what they are asking for before asking in yet another thread/post. Having to do all the user requested edits rather than the user doing so or having to repeat over and over how to do the same thing tends to burn out and annoy to the point where one might be like why do I even bother giving away free time and work or support and why not let someone else deal with the headache. Food for thought.
Pages: 1 2