MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Spectral" theme for MyBB 1.8.x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: header-minimal-space.png]
​​‌‌

Spectral, the third iteration of the DVZ Authentic responsive theme series for MyBB 1.8.x is now available for purchase.

The set relocates elements to expose content on the board while providing a layout friendly to varying-resolution devices and introducing UX improvements for navigation and interaction with MyBB.

​​​​‌‌
​​‌‌

​​​​‌‌
​​‌‌
  • The series' furthest push for simplicity

All content control options and links to main board modules can now be found in a single place ― the unified navigation bar that follows scroll position without giving an impression of reduced window height.

The search scope in the quick search form changes dynamically, depending on current location.

The opposite side of the bar includes user-specific links and centralized notifications related to the account, the Mod CP and ACP using new content indicators and counters. The index page triggers an animation if new notifications are present.

• Information delivered with color

Colors play a vital role in managing attention and are used to symbolize new content, calls to action and represent board branding. The white-gray-black layout emphasizes colored markers and indicators, making them spotted more easily.

All tones can be customized with designer-friendly CSS variables in a separate stylesheet.

• Dim the lights

The theme allows users to easily toggle between light and dark variations. The dark mode can be much more comfortable during the nighttime and more suitable for showcase-based boards. The color palette is further toned-down for photos and videos to appear more vivid.

Spectral uses features provided by DVZ Theme Options, includes styling overwrites for MyAlerts,
DVZ Stream and DVZ Code Tags and supports light and dark variations for the BBCode editor.

​​​​‌‌

See screenshots on the Gumroad product page.
​​​​‌‌​​​​‌‌
​​‌‌

$25 / license

[Image: buynow-light.png]

Buy via: Gumroad (instant)

One license allows you to use the theme on a single board.
Include your domain name to get it verified in the license registry.

[Image: design.png] theme license owners: contact for a 50% off code to upgrade to Spectral.
Posting here to say that with DVZ, you can't go wrong.
As usual, awesome work DVZ Smile
Looks premium. Nice work :thumbsup:
(2018-09-12, 05:06 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
-- SNIP --
‌‌‌‌

‌‌

$25 / license

[Image: buynow-light.png]

Buy via: Gumroad (instant) | PayPal | Bitcoin

One license allows you to use the theme on a single board.
Include your domain name to get it verified in the license registry.

I like the way your theme is set up, however, I have one question.

My forum has 40+ forums and in the current theme, the categories are tabbed as shown in the screenshot below.

Can this theme be modified this way without compromising the styling that was done on the theme?

Can the theme be selected to be in the Dark mode all the time? I'm not fond of light themes.

[Image: 28228be8c8c0533681b5aca74ef7fc9d.png]
(2018-09-13, 12:42 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]My forum has 40+ forums and in the current theme, the categories are tabbed as shown in the screenshot below.

Can this theme be modified this way without compromising the styling that was done on the theme?

Yes, it should work with no/minimal modifications.

Quote:Can the theme be selected to be in the Dark mode all the time? I'm not fond of light themes.

Yes - the dark mode can be forced (by appending _dark.css to all pages in the ACP) as well as made the default option (by reordering options in /inc/plugins/dvz_theme_options/themes/spectral.json).
Never mind. Figured it out.

Great theme!
The "Spectral" MyBB 1.8.x theme has been updated for compatibility with changes introduced in MyBB 1.8.20.

The new package can be downloaded from the product page on Gumroad.
The "Spectral" MyBB 1.8.x theme has been updated for compatibility with changes introduced in MyBB 1.8.21.

The new package can be downloaded from the product page on Gumroad.
I really like this! I just grabbed it. Glws!!

I've just installed this, I don't seem to see the option to toggle the dark mode:

http://prntscr.com/o69ihl

Thanks in advance!
Pages: 1 2 3 4