MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.19 update turns out to be 1.8.15?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am running 1.8.15. I downloaded the 1.8.19 update and followed the instructions at Documentation/upgrade.html in the update file.

But it says that the update is 1.8.15 and asks me if I want to update from 1.8.14 or 1.8.15 ?!

Am I misunderstanding something, or is the current 1.8.19 download actually the wrong version?

Also, I don't really want to update since my forum is working fine, but I guess I have to for best results?
(2018-09-20, 03:31 PM)DavidS111 Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the 1.8.15 update and followed the instructions at Documentation/upgrade.html in the update file.

But it says that the update is 1.8.15 and asks me if I want to update from 1.8.14 or 1.8.15 ?!

Am I misunderstanding something, or is the current 1.8.19 download actually the wrong version?

I don't really want to update since my forum is working fine, but I guess I have to for best results.

Hmm...

What is your current version of MyBB before you started doing the upgrades?

I am not clear as to which version you are currently using now.
Thank you for your too-fast reply. I have edited my OP.
It's correct when the script asks you from what version you want to upgrade from - in your case you would select 1.8.15
When I connect to /install/upgrade.php the screen says, "Welcome to the upgrade wizard for MyBB 1.8.15."

I am already at 1.8.15. I want to go to 1.8.19.

Is this just a confusing message or is this update really meant to update TO 1.8.15?

It makes no sense!

It asks me if I want to upgrade from 1.8.13 or 1.8.14, but BOTH of these are old relative to my current version, which is 1.8.15!!

To clarify, there is NO option to upgrade FROM 1.8.15.
You downloaded the correct package right ?

https://mybb.com/versions/1.8.19/

All i can suggest to you is to delete the install directory from your server, and copy up the one from the package again. Then try again.

Needless to say you should have a backup before you start attempting to upgrade.
ensure that you have uploaded all files from the downloaded pack
to your MyBB files server by overwriting earlier version files.

then proceed to upgrading process by visiting forumURL/install/upgrade.php file
The package does not have an install directory!

It has index.php, upgrade.php, stylesheet.css, lock, resources, and images.

Now that I have deleted my install directory, my forum is broken.

Help!

[b].m.[/b] I do not understand, sorry.

I think I am panicking a bit. Can someone authoritative here give me clear instructions please?
I downloaded and checked the package now, it does have an install folder. Here it is attached approx 2MB.

Ok that didn't attach for some reason, but i confirmed the install folder inside of it.
Sorry, I am lost. Do I want the full installation package or the update only package?

I really don't know what to do. I copied my install directory back from backup, so at least the forum is running now.

Am I supposed to copy files manually or run /install/upgrade.php or what?

And why oh why is updating so difficult?
Pages: 1 2 3