MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Super Administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

For some reason I do not count as super administrator on my own forum. I assigned myself to a group and I unchecked the "User is not super administrator.." or something like that in the group's settings. I've went to config.php and
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
that's there as it should be. My account id is 1. Now what should I do to set myself as super admin again?
Are you sure about that? There isn't a setting to set user as super administrator. The only option is in config.php
What's wrong with permissions? What can't you do?
(2018-09-24, 09:29 AM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure about that? There isn't a setting to set user as super administrator. The only option is in config.php
What's wrong with permissions? What can't you do?

I can't access the Admin Panel, only the Mod Panel.
Have you tried going to the ACP directly (domain.com/admin/)? If you're Super Administrator you should still be able to login. You can also run the following:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;

You may have to change the UID and table prefix to suit yours.
(2018-09-24, 10:21 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried going to the ACP directly (domain.com/admin/)? If you're Super Administrator you should still be able to login. You can also run the following:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 4 WHERE uid = 1;

You may have to change the UID and table prefix to suit yours.

Yes, this worked, I don't know why I never thought of it, thanks alot!