MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At the moment calendar doesn't have much functionality, you can only turn it on or off. I'll list here few changes that in my opinion would make a nice improvement.

1. You can't choose a group or users for an event. It's just public or private.
  2. You can't make an event that is ranged and repeats
  3. You can't customize an event with an icon or background color.
  4. You can't choose if ranged events should show time before the event title like 18:00 - Math
If we try to make something a class schedule, you can't. Let's say we have a math, that is a 1-hour event, and should repeat every week.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]
Where is it?
Also, import/export function (each tied to a user group permisson; ical format and/or csv) would be lovely.
I believe there's plans to remove the Calendar (could be wrong), so I don't see any features being added to it.
Yes, calendar will be removed soon Smile
that's a very bad news, if it is correct!

For our fanforum we need the calendar!
We've discussed the possibility of removing it from the core and providing it as a team maintained plugin, which would allow it to be developed and updated independently of the core software (and hopefully tempt other developers to contribute towards improving it).
"possibility of removing" doesn't sound like "calendar will be removed soon"
will 1.9 still contain the calendar?
I agree that the calendar should be a plugin instead. Very few forums actually use the calendar.
"Very few forums actually use the calendar." shouldn't be the argument in favor of not keeping and properly extending it. People don't use it because of its limited functionality, not vice versa.
But then again: Better a good plugin than a mediocre core function.
(2018-09-26, 10:55 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]"Very few forums actually use the calendar." shouldn't be the argument in favor of not keeping and properly extending it. People don't use it because of its limited functionality, not vice versa.
But then again: Better a good plugin than a mediocre core function.

Not true, in my opinion. In fact most modern forum softwares don't have a built in calendar for the simple reason that most people don't use it. There's not a great deal of use from them for the average forum. Much better as a plugin, alongside a few other myBB features likely.
Pages: 1 2 3