MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Are forums dying or almost dead?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum consists a more highl quality details unlike social media.
so called 'Social media' are no any media. Theyre farms of users to whom they may sell advertisements or products...

Did facebook allready have enought of collecting his users preferences with 'like' button
and moving to phase two - harvesting, i meant, testing 'buy' button ? Have fun.
removed
Discord enters ring
No, forums will never be dead. just get more a more niche
(2017-02-22, 08:35 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]Discord enters ring

You've just made gaming forums redundant.

PRAISE THE LORD!
true that
There is a big difference between forums and social networks.
Forums are not dying but those admining forums are the ones killing them due to the fear of social media.
I still get most of my answers through Google search. And none of them are from FB or Twitter. It is either blogs, Quora or forums.
Don't waste your time with starting a new forum nowadays, unless you can bring lots of people who feel very strongly about staying away from social media (e.g. privacy, drama), enjoy the subject of your forum (the more niche, the better), and are using at least semi-dedicated hosting (shared hosting is pure garbage).

Discord has murdered IRC and gaming forums in cold blood, and Reddit has pretty much rendered general discussion forums obsolete.

On the other hand, forums dealing with hacking, racism, and misogyny are doing just fine, because this sort of stuff would not float via social media. If the content is controversial and/or ideological, then chances are forums will help out a ton.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7