MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Are you an internet addict?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
"Internet Addiction" was once thought to be a ridiculous notion, but as more and more services become available online, are people losing touch with the "real" world?

Kinda thought provoking question for you guys, so I think I'd better explain it. 6 days ago I installed the "TimeTracker" extension for Firefox. It is a timer that measures how long you spend browsing websites. To make it "fair", it only starts timing a website when you are looking at it in the tab, and even then, it pauses if you haven't done anything to the site within 60 seconds.

So, my point? Well, here I am 6 days later (that's 4 workdays and a weekend) and it's just about to hit 30 hours. Even if I take off all the little gaps between me not using the page and the timer stopping the count, it adds up to 24 hours at least.

So, am I an internet addict? Should I be committing myself to a net-free institute? Are there in fact people here that think they spend more time online than me?

I await enlightenment...
Wow, only 30 hours in 6 days! What's wrong with you man? You're lagging behind Toungue
Lol, I just installed the plug-in i'll give it a go. Should I install it on my laptop and my PC? (I use both, no one else yous them)
I've installed the extension, let's see what the results are shall we Toungue
By pure coincidence, I actually installed this extension 10 days ago (August 2nd) and have only browsed 21 hours since.
If I weren't on vacation it would probably be around 48 hours in 4 days lol
Can somebody post a link to this extension? Smile
Google is your friend. Here ya go
I would be afraid to do that! I spend entirely too much time online...at work when I should be working...at home when I should be doing errands. It's a never ending cycle! LOL
It has really screwed up my life. I now sleep during the day... Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9