MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for Theme editor and Plugin creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Switched to a paid forumsoftware, no longer seeking for support.
Still looking, BUMP.
Contact me Wink (More infos in my signature)
(2018-10-23, 07:51 PM)AmazOuz Wrote: [ -> ]Contact me Wink (More infos in my signature)

Thank you, was already thinking about contacting you. 
Unfortunately, MyBB fails on alot of aspects so I decided to switch to a paid forumsoftware.
Which one did you choose ?
(2018-10-25, 10:00 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]Which one did you choose ?

Xenforo apparently
http://forumlife.x10host.com/showthread....pid=8#pid8
(2018-10-25, 10:08 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Xenforo apparently
http://forumlife.x10host.com/showthread....pid=8#pid8

That is not my community/site but you guessed right.

Xenforo.
(2018-10-25, 09:18 AM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-23, 07:51 PM)AmazOuz Wrote: [ -> ]Contact me Wink (More infos in my signature)

Unfortunately, MyBB fails on alot of aspects so I decided to switch to a paid forumsoftware.

Mind enlightening us on what the shortcomings were ? - MyBB can use the information to improve the product in future.
(2018-10-25, 01:49 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mind enlightening us on what the shortcomings were ? - MyBB can use the information to improve the product in future.

Here are my thoughts on this...

Oftentimes when I see postings like this "MyBB does not meet my standards", most of the time the wannabe Admins wants a 'Plug and Play' type of setup. 

Just input a few things and away we go. MyBB in its current state is NOT designed to be a 'Plug and Play' type of forum software.

Having said that, I have installed literally hundreds of software (Windows and non-Windows) and on a scale of 1 to 10, the highest being the most difficult, I would rate MyBB installation a '4'. Not the easiest, but surely not the most difficult. 

Some people are not patient enough to learn a few things about the 'behind the scenes' setup of MyBB, especially in the AdminCP. 
(MANY DO NOT READ THE FOOKIN' MyBB MANUAL!)

Even to this day after running my website for almost 2 years, I'm still learning new stuff about MyBB.

Enough said.
(2018-10-25, 01:49 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Every aspect of the forums kinda lacks and has its flaws. The differences between a paid and free are huge now that I switched to a paid version.
Like how the reports are being handled on MyBB is so minimum. Up until now (yes  1.9 will have it) the forums isn't even responsive which other paid version already were months ago. I don't know why it is needed for me to give examples, just head over to other paid forumsoftware and compare it.

Don't get me wrong, MyBB is a great forumsoftware for starters if you want something simple. A huge difference from paying $140 to being absolutely free.

The main difference for me is the size of the community. When I went to the resource section you'll see the huge difference. Eventhough most addons will cost you around $30 the offer amount is huge. Everything you need is there. 
Here, on MyBB, I need alot of plugins to be custom made since they aren't avaible and honestly there are just a handful of people who are capable and willing to do those jobs. Having just a few that can make plugins means they will price themselfs so much more than sites like Xenforo. 
To compare, I asked exactly the same plugin with same details (copy & paste) to be custom made on here and on Xenforo. I was able to ask like 10 companies/community members and go over the best bang-for-buck. Difference is you pay 3 times the price here (every single one asked less than MyBB developers).

Summary why I switched:
- In the end if I want to have the plugins I want on my forums it will be cheaper to move to a paid forumsoftware. 
- A huge difference between the funtionalities on a paid version and MyBB.
- Bigger and more active community on a paid version than MyBB.
Pages: 1 2