MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for Theme editor and Plugin creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2018-10-25, 02:38 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-25, 01:49 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-25, 09:18 AM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-23, 07:51 PM)AmazOuz Wrote: [ -> ]Contact me Wink (More infos in my signature)

Thank you, was already thinking about contacting you. 
Unfortunately, MyBB fails on alot of aspects so I decided to switch to a paid forumsoftware.

Mind enlightening us on what the shortcomings were ? - MyBB can use the information to improve the product in future.

Don't get me wrong, MyBB is a great forumsoftware for starters if you want something simple. A huge difference from paying $140 to being absolutely free.

That's $140 PER YEAR. You forgot to mention this. 

100% of the plugins listed in the Extend section are FREE!

If you want extra features of the plugin, you should expect to pay more to the plugin author. It's simple economics. 

I would say 90% of the plugins that I use for my website are FREE. 
A few plugins needed a bit of tweaking here and there, but all are working fine as is.

Honestly, I think you made a mistake by switching to Xenforo, but it's your money to waste.
(2018-10-25, 02:38 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]- Bigger and more active community on a paid version than MyBB.

It's normally the other way around. The free OS normally has the bigger community, but i think MyBB has gone down the path many other free projects have gone when there is lack of development.
(2018-10-25, 03:06 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='1317530' dateline='1540478296']

Quote:That's $140 PER YEAR. You forgot to mention this. 

100% of the plugins listed in the Extend section are FREE!

If you want extra features of the plugin, you should expect to pay more to the plugin author. It's simple economics. 

I would say 90% of the plugins that I use for my website are FREE. 
A few plugins needed a bit of tweaking here and there, but all are working fine as is.

Honestly, I think you made a mistake by switching to Xenforo, but it's your money to waste.

[/quote]

If you actually went to read you would see it is a one time $140 payment. Renewal for another year is $40. 
Next to that you don't need to renew and still be able to use the forums. Although that is not the smartest idea since you want the updates for security reasons.

Your arguments are quite .... 
90% free of how many plugins? You realise other paid forumsoftware the community provides free plugins aswell? Xenforo has atleast 14 pages of free plugins that supports the latest update avaible. 

(2018-10-25, 03:10 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-25, 02:38 PM)playerNumOne Wrote: [ -> ]- Bigger and more active community on a paid version than MyBB.

It's normally the other way around. The free OS normally has the bigger community, but i think MyBB has gone down the path many other free projects have gone when there is lack of development.

Yes I expected that too. I don't mind to pay for extra development but in my case I needed alot to be changed so for me it was better to switch.

I've got nothing against MyBB and I am not advertising other forumsoftware. I believe the community of MyBB is nice, helpful and friendly. 
I felt like I needed more/different which obviously will cost more.
I think this thread has served its purpose.
(2018-10-25, 03:41 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]I think this thread has served its purpose.

AGREES with this! ^^^
--- closed on a report ---
Pages: 1 2