MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pure Water
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am announcing a project that is based on myBB - its name, "Pure Water".
It will ALWAYS be free, but the sourcecode will never be released - although remotely hosted boards such as this one have advantages.
FTP etc. are enabled so you have the power to do anything with your board - including mod it (some myBB mods may work but as alot of code will be changed, they may not be compatible). The coding will start soon. Give me your comments and suggestions please.
Sorry for the double post, but I'm quite suprised that nobody has replied.
Well, you can't expect many replies after no more than 32 minutes Toungue
Heh, you've got a point. Just this is a pretty big announcement I thought people might jump to it :-). Yeah, in my dreams, I know ;-).

Edit: To the admin above (forgot the name), is it fine to start this project? Just it would have the copyright line removed and replaced with "Powered by (link)Pure Water(/link) v1.0 - based on (link)MyBB(/link)" or similar. Also, do you think it'll be good? Maybe you could be a tester? It would be appreciated.

Edit #2: WTF?!?! Lol, because of time zones (they were both posted in the afternoon including this) it looks like I was a real geek posting on forums at midnight o.o

That's all,
-r3sp4wn
Can't wait! Big Grin If u need a tester i would be happy to help!!
Wow thanks! Add me on msn: [email protected].
So this is a forum based on MyBB? Or a hosting service?
Your post doesn't tell me much.
Are you trying to do a hosting service but with a cut down or modified piece of code of MyBB much like Invisionfree with IPB?
To answer your questions, I will modify MyBB ALOT, and copyright the code etc. while still leaving the based on MyBB message in the copyright. The code will remain secret but I will install an encoded one on anybody's server. But mainly it will be like IF, remotely hosted, yes.
I think it is not allowed to distribute a modded version of MyBB (what your board will be)
Pages: 1 2