MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Omit unwanted links / buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are few places where the unwanted links still appear, I believe those should be removed / modified.

1. "Subscribe to this thread" - appears for logged in users, but not for guests. Fine. But "Subscribe to this forum" appears for all; however clicking on it as a guest will show 'No permission' page.
2. "Ban this user in MCP / ACP" appears in every member's profile even if they are already banned. That can be removed or changed for already banned members to "Modify Ban / Unban".
3. "Open Buddy List" appear for those who don't have buddies.
4. "Mark All Forums Read" appears even if there is not a single unread post.
5. "Show Forum Team" link appears in Memberlist even if the Forum Team listing page is disabled.
6. Find all posts / Find all threads in profile even when there is no post / thread made by user. Same for reputation details link. Same for Reputation report of Reputation-less user.
7. Empty forum shows thread filter and all good thread controls along with postbit frame.
8. Showthread-> Moderator Tools : "Open/Close Thread" and "Stick/Unstick Thread" should be specific as per state like "Approve/Unapprove".
9. PM / email links in own post / profile.

... and so on.
I agree with above suggestions, I feel these should be removed or hidden.
(2018-12-10, 08:09 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]There are few places where the unwanted links still appear, I believe those should be removed / modified.

1. "Subscribe to this thread" - appears for logged in users, but not for guests. Fine. But "Subscribe to this forum" appears for all; however clicking on it as a guest will show 'No permission' page.
2. "Ban this user in MCP / ACP" appears in every member's profile even if they are already banned. That can be removed or changed for already banned members to "Modify Ban / Unban".
3. "Open Buddy List" appear for those who don't have buddies.
4. "Mark All Forums Read" appears even if there is not a single unread post.

... and so on.

Also, add 'Portal Page' shows up even if the Admin has that option turned off in the AdminCP. 
If you have a default MyBB theme, the portal link still shows up even if the Admin turns it off.

However, there is a winkle to this...

One of my themes does use the portal function to list the Latest Discussions (Threads), but the actual Portal page still does not show up. 
That's OK for that one theme, but it might mess up other themes that do not use the portal function for the Latest Discussions (Threads).
The actual Portal page does not show up because there isn't a link to it due to the way that theme is designed.

See screenshots.

Honestly, I would love to see MyBB change this feature by getting rid of the section 'Latest Discussions' and make 'Latest Discussions, Threads, Posts' a separate setting so that other plugins can utilize this particular feature instead of going through the Portal feature for this.

[Image: e82ae730d2b8d47d5a7fe6975f873580.png]

[Image: c36afc7121cdb5a7cb027f087d6df223.png]

I have proposed a new setting in this THREAD.
I agree with all suggestions in the original thread. Perhaps this is something that can be worked in with the new theme?
+1, a lot of them are php related so would be nice to see a PR for MyBB 1.8 too
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB. Thanks for your contribution!