MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modal in a fixed width container
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a custom theme I've been trying to keep from 1.6.x forum days, and updating it is always an adventure. The container is a fixed width of 980px with a dark gray background. You can see it in the attached screenshot.

The whoposted and buddy list modal popups work once I go nonstandard in the css, changing the position in global.css from relative to 400px. However, I can't get the modal close in the right position. It is stuck in the top right of the browser window.

How can I apply a container size limit, then retain the relative position of the modal box, then retain the absolute position of the modal close button in the top right. This works satisfactorily on all my themes which do not have a fixed width container.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

[attachment=41346]

[edit to add]Upgraded 1.8.10 to 1.8.19, and the global.css modal code appears the same as in this post
https://community.mybb.com/thread-213964...pid1288154

So, trying a lot of different things, I reverted position back to relative, and now the whoposted popup is properly positioned and modal close button in the right place. I cannot explain the solution.

Although it's possible when trying to compare theme export files, I changed the stylesheet order to be consistent.

Current display order is css3.css, global.css, thread_status.css, start_ratings.css, usercp.css, showthread.css, modcp.css

Yes, I realize these are cascading styleseets. The above order seems to work. Are there styles in multiple stylesheets that affect the modal popup, such that a different display order would cause errors on display?

What is the stylesheet displayorder for a default 1.8.19 installation?