MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What kind of website doesn't use cookies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What kind of website doesn't use cookies?

And why do U.S based websites have a cookie warning?
(2019-01-18, 02:09 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of website doesn't use cookies?

And why do U.S based websites have a cookie warning?

It's not limited to U.S.-based websites. 

Any website in any country will have cookies or no cookies enabled.
(2019-01-18, 02:09 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of website doesn't use cookies?

I would assume that mostly dynamic sites use cookies. But I won't be surprised if static pages use them as well.

(2019-01-18, 02:09 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]And why do U.S based websites have a cookie warning?

I think it is because they try to be European compliant. I don't think there is any other reason.
Thx for the feedback. Can anyone name 1 website that does not use cookies?

American websites that don't need to use a cookie warning but still do, need to stop.
(2019-01-19, 06:19 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Thx for the feedback. Can anyone name 1 website that does not use cookies?

American websites that don't need to use a cookie warning but still do, need to stop.

Guess what?

If you don't like those American websites, you are free NOT TO USE THEM!
It is a good practice to tell users when you put something on their computer. Legal or not.
(2019-01-20, 01:14 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-19, 06:19 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Thx for the feedback. Can anyone name 1 website that does not use cookies?

Guess what?

true. that is what I do.. because the cookie warnings are annoying... so why state the obvious. I think you are missing the point, but let me explain, you are an american based website, you have no knowledge and have never studied internet regulations, and you put a cookies warning bar on your site because you think it looks cool.

That is what I don't understand. The point is, all websites use cookies, this info is found in the privacy policy of a website.

I believe the good practice is having this clearly explained in the privacy policy, and not some gawd awful big red bar across the screen stating "THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES."

(2019-01-20, 02:28 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]It is a good practice to tell users when you put something on their computer. Legal or not.

good point but this info is found in the privacy policy.
It's a very weird question..haha, I never even thought like that but maybe torrent sites don't use it etc Wink
(2019-01-20, 05:20 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]It's a very weird question..haha, I never even thought like that but maybe torrent sites don't use it etc Wink

LOL Ah, that is funny. Yea, it is a weird question but that is a great answer, thx!
(2019-01-20, 02:30 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-20, 01:14 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Guess what?

true. that is what I do.. because the cookie warnings are annoying... so why state the obvious. I think you are missing the point, but let me explain, you are an american based website, you have no knowledge and have never studied internet regulations, and you put a cookies warning bar on your site because you think it looks cool.

That is what I don't understand. The point is, all websites use cookies, this info is found in the privacy policy of a website.

I believe the good practice is having this clearly explained in the privacy policy, and not some gawd awful big red bar across the screen stating "THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES."

So, making a blanket statement about ALL American websites are BAD SITES because they have a bar at the bottom informing users regarding the usage of cookies. A simple click will usually get rid of that cookie message bar. How long did that take you to click on the OK button? 1-2 seconds? 

"you are an American based website, you have no knowledge and have never studied internet regulations". Seriously? Another blanket statement?

You might want to take a peek at this WEBPAGE.

That's all I am going to say on this subject.
Pages: 1 2 3