MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb for education
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello mybb community,

i planning to open a a website based on mybb platform for my school and students to learn on it,
the plan is im going to create categorys and teachers to add their lesons and teachers will be super mod, and students can ask questions about lesons in thread reply or via private message and use other mybb features,

is it a good idea or not ?
yes, MyBB forum can be used for education.

I'd suggest to minimize number of forum sections

eg. if Maths is the category,
there is no need to make a section for each class of students
but you can make a section for different levels of studies
[eg. primary, secondary, higher]

try to use thread prefixes liberally instead of making child forums (subforums)
eg. [Algebra], [Trigonometry], [Statistics] ...
You can very well do that. It is a discussion platform after all. Also, MyBB does not restrict on how you use it.
Thank you for the answer sir,

is there anyway to make 5 different websites with different datbases but using same system,files,hosting at once, because for update to be made esier etc.
Are you a student yourself? Neat opportunity your school’s giving you. Make ‘em proud.
(2019-01-29, 01:56 PM)izetshabani Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the answer sir,

is there anyway to make 5 different websites with different datbases but using same system,files,hosting at once, because for update to be made esier etc.

As long as your hosting provider permits, you can add any no. of MyBB boards on a single hosting account.
(2019-01-29, 10:55 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a student yourself? Neat opportunity your school’s giving you. Make ‘em proud.

im 18 and im trying to make this paltform works on all schools on my city, so all im asking is this platform good for these type, learning online, tearcher communicate with students wia pm etc.
If you are attempting to implement such feature in all schools in your community you might as well do good into properly researching all possible alternatives.
(2019-01-31, 12:18 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]If you are attempting to implement such feature in all schools in your community you might as well do good into properly researching all possible alternatives.

what are u thoughts sir, can thise feature work for this and do you suggest me anything,

cuz there are 30 different schools in my city and every school have a different name, my plan was to open different domain and hosting for every school in is tought, do you have any suggestion i would realy appreciate
I don't have alternatives to offer you. But it would be interesting to achieve what you are seeking, even though it is not possible to manage different databases with the way you ask for. There are limited users who have access to that kind of setups and you might require more skills than average regarding web programming (to modify and maintain the script).

Otherwise, you might end up needing to pay for assistance. But if you do it everything separately (one installation -> one school), it could be possible to success. That is my opinion.
Pages: 1 2