MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.20 Editor Is Too Small
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ungrouped templates
(2019-06-12, 06:20 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Ungrouped templates

Found it!

Reverted the codebuttons templates as instructed and now it works properly.

That brings up a question...

If the MyBB upgrade package had the correct files inside the SCEDITOR folder, why didn't the upgrade process overwrite those files?

That would have prevented me from bringing up this issue again. 

Just wondering...
Bumping this...

Does anyone know the answer to my post #32?
I don't exactly understand the question.

It seems as if you are saying that since making sure everything was copied correctly, and reverting the codebuttons template fixed your issue, that you wonder why the upgrade didn't fix those issues?

If that is the case, then I would venture a guess that it wasn't copying the files that fixed the problem. It was likely reverting the codebuttons template, which the upgrade script doesn't do.
Serpius, the upgrade process does overwrite the existing files. But the latest SCE has some path changes as you know. So it will create new folder and files leaving the old files in old path. In this case also SCE will work as intended ignoring old files. But if some user has old codebuttons template (as its already seen) then new SCE will access old files and start acting weird in place of just breaking down and that will make the troubleshoot harder and will create confusion.

Its fine to keep the old files if you have reverted codebuttons to default, that will cause no harm.
(2019-06-17, 01:22 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I don't exactly understand the question.

It seems as if you are saying that since making sure everything was copied correctly, and reverting the codebuttons template fixed your issue, that you wonder why the upgrade didn't fix those issues?

If that is the case, then I would venture a guess that it wasn't copying the files that fixed the problem. It was likely reverting the codebuttons template, which the upgrade script doesn't do.

@effone clarified this.

A number of admins had complained that after the 1.8.21 upgrade, the base editors that came with the upgrade package of MyBB were supposed to overwrite whatever files that were originally in the admin's sceditor folder files, but as @effone stated, it did... but in such a weird way that it corrupted (for a lack of a better word) whatever was inside the sceditor folders to the point that the base editors came out all scrambled looking and it was awful until @effone provided the method to fix the issue.

As instructed by @effone, I had to manually delete the entire sceditor folder, then put in the "replacement" sceditor folder that came with 1.8.21 upgrade package and the problems went away. 

That's why I asked the question... why couldn't the upgrade do this procedure automatically? 
Write a script or something doing this. Delete the existing sceditor folder, then recreate the new sceditor folder with the new files.
(2019-06-17, 02:31 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I asked the question... why couldn't the upgrade do this procedure automatically? 
Write a script or something doing this. Delete the existing sceditor folder, then recreate the new sceditor folder with the new files.

That's what you are missing. Deleting the files and replacing them did not solve the issue. It was something effone asked you to try as a step in the process. It is a known thing that the codebuttons template is the root cause of that issue.
(2019-06-17, 02:41 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-17, 02:31 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I asked the question... why couldn't the upgrade do this procedure automatically? 

That's what you are missing. Deleting the files and replacing them did not solve the issue. It was something effone asked you to try as a step in the process. It is a known thing that the codebuttons template is the root cause of that issue.

I did remove the entire sceditor folder as instructed by @effone, then replaced that with the one from the 1.8.21 upgrade package. 

Right now, there are no missing files, only newly replaced ones. That's all. 

On my website, only my default MyBB theme codebuttons template had to be reverted.
In the other 2 themes, both codebuttons templates were already updated by the theme author, so I didn't have to do anything with those 2.

I hope I clarified this. (who knows? maybe I am adding more confusion!  Cool )
Rightly said. Wildcard.
Deleting sceditor folder has nothing to do with admins.
It is suggested to do to judge the behavior rightly, for those who are troubleshooting, in this case: us.
I'd like to take the pleasure of breaking the discussion here, before it flows to unwanted direction.
The problems mentioned in the thread are already resolved and confirmed.

- CLOSED -
Pages: 1 2 3 4