MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RELEASE: DOB Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
In that case, I don't know why. I never got your PM with the password, could you send it me again.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Can you check for me in your database that there is a column called 'dobplus' in the users table.
MrDoom Wrote:Wait a minute, LeX- is right. How the hell did I miss that.

Batur, your screenshot was of the postbit (the thing next to this post), there is no birthday on that, so therefore nothing to change. Your birthday is only shown on your profile.

sorry, continued problem Sad
What is the problem then? The screenshot you provided was of your postbit where your birthday isn't displayed anyway. Show me a screenshot of the actual problem.
MrDoom Wrote:EDIT:
Can you check for me in your database that there is a column called 'dobplus' in the users table.

Yes, dobplus column is present.
Ok, I think it must be one of the other plugins you have installed (and you have a lot Toungue ) messing with it in someway, I can say how or why but I can offer you this solution.

If you edit the "usercp_profile" template for each of your themes and add before:
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->website_url}</span></td>

This code:
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><span class="smalltext">Birthday Privacy:</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3">
<select name="dobplus" size="1">
<option value="all">Display Age and Date of Birth</option>
<option value="none">Hide Age and Date of Birth</option>
<option value="age">Display Only Age</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
There are however two limitations to this:
1) It won't automatically vanish when you deactivate the plugin.
2) It won't reflect the users option (i.e. if the user has chosen to only show their age, the list will still show the option for show all)

Nilay Medh Wrote:I plan to use for the main domain if it is successfully activated here.
Who knows, it may work there.

Alternatively, you could wait for MyBB 1.4 which will feature this as a core feature.
Thanks a lot. I think I'll forget about it, because it will misguide the user - would not be proper if the user is made to feel that he has display control, but actually he doesn't.. Thanks once again for your time and efforts
Nilay Medh Wrote:would not be proper if the user is made to feel that he has display control, but actually he doesn't.
Hmm, maybe I phrased that badly. The option will update, so if the user changes an option, their change will be reflected in their profile and on the birthdays list on the calendar and index. Where the change won't get reflected is in the User CP as the drop down options list would always show the same option as being selected. This would more than likely confuse the hell out of someone.

I way to make the User CP work correctly would be to hard code the part of the plugin which isn't running into the usercp.php file. If you like I can provide instructions on how to do this.
I think I'll leave the mod for this particular forum. I'm actually afraid of scripting modifications thinking that something may go wrong untraced. But I'll try again on another forum soon, where this mod will be more helpful. Will ask for your help and instructions as you've stated above if I have difficulty activating this then. For this forum, I actually activated all the plugins immediately one after the other. I guess a better thing would've been to activate, test, and then activate another. That way it would have been possible to find out if another plugin is interfering. Will do it this way next time. Thanks
How would i go about adding this mod to the Postbit side panel bit (under the users starus)
Thanks
Dan
Erm, not a clue as I don't think that the language variable exists in that template and even if it did; this plugin doesn't have hooks which run for that template.

Anyone know? I'm kinda busy at the minute.
Pages: 1 2 3 4