MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go bac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this error on the forum when trying to login

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I followed the guide here but still the same problem:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html

Forum:  https://www.promo2day.com/

Mybb version:  1.8.20

PHP:  7.3.3
A guest's post_key is made up of a user's session ID, your database username, and MyBB's encryption key. I think the problem is that the guest's session ID keeps changing on your forum. Not too sure why.
The problem is still present. I cannot solve it

All users can't login to the forum, since 1 day

Any suggestions?
Any suggestions? Please...
Although its not recommended but if you have suffered a lot with "Authorization Code Mismatch" during login, completely stuck and can't do the officially recommended modifications manually just add this line in your footer template and it will handle the rest of the templates, wherever applicable:

<script>$('form :input[value="do_login"]').after('<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="'+my_post_key+'" />');</script>

This code has a global impact. No matter what theme you are using or where you have placed your login form.
(2019-04-02, 05:31 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Although its not recommended but if you have suffered a lot with "Authorization Code Mismatch" during login, completely stuck and can't do the officially recommended modifications manually just add this line in your footer template and it will handle the rest of the templates, wherever applicable:

<script>$('form :input[value="do_login"]').after('<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="'+my_post_key+'" />');</script>

This code has a global impact. No matter what theme you are using or where you have placed your login form.

This also helped me as well, why it's not recommended is there any abuse to it?
No security flaw involved.
Post render DOM manipulation injecting sensitive hidden form data is just not desired method.

But its fine to use. Specially when the post key is already exposed in header.
(2019-04-02, 08:48 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]No security flaw involved.
Post render DOM manipulation injecting sensitive hidden form data is just not desired method.

But its fine to use. Specially when the post key is already exposed in header.

Hello, I've tried everything, including this fix but I can't seem to get it to work.
Strange thing is, it only happens when I want to login on my mobile phone using the Chrome browser on Android. It keeps saying "authorization code mismatch". However on the desktop, running Windows 10 (again using Chrome browser) I have no problems at all, I can login just fine.

I'm running the latest version of MyBB by the way, 1.8.20
Unfortunately, this did not work for me