MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The message is too long
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have not used MyBB in a very long time and now I wonder about this message when to post a number of pictures.

How do I remove condition? That is to say unlimited.

I have had phpBB and there be no problem. There you could have obgränsat with pictures.

Have changed during dashboard page but it does not help.

Uses the latest version of MyBB.

[Image: yEFJMHd.png]

[Image: oPje21H.png]

[Image: EIZXBjQ.png]
The description says it all. If you wanna allow users to post more than 65535 characters in their message you need to manually alter message field type in your database.

MySQL users (max: 65535) can change message field type manually from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT (16777215) or LONGTEXT (4294967295) to obtain enhanced limit.
SQL query can be like this
ALTER TABLE `mybb_posts` MODIFY COLUMN `message` MEDIUMTEXT

[SQL queries related guidance]
(2019-05-01, 09:09 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]The description says it all. If you wanna allow users to post more than 65535 characters in their message you need to manually alter message field type in your database.

MySQL users (max: 65535) can change message field type manually from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT (16777215) or LONGTEXT (4294967295) to obtain enhanced limit.

Ok, where do I change this if it is now manually under the database?
^ you can do it manually or by using a SQL query.
I want to do this manually but I don't know where this is. Can you write down where this is located?
^ assuming that you have phpMyAdmin at your hosting panel, see above suggested SQL queries related guidance

you have to navigate to structure of the posts table, find message field & modify it
Thanks. M.

Is this what you mean? What do you need to fill in for tasks? And yes, I have read through the link you sent but for me this is Greek    Shy

[Image: JyMzgke.png]

(2019-05-01, 09:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]SQL query can be like this
ALTER TABLE `mybb_posts` MODIFY COLUMN `message` MEDIUMTEXT

[SQL queries related guidance]

Såja, now I solved this. Thanks. M. for your reply
(2019-05-01, 11:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ assuming that you have phpMyAdmin at your hosting panel,  see above suggested SQL queries related guidance

you have to navigate to structure of the posts table, find message field & modify it

I am wondering something here...

Can this be done in the AdminCP, too?

Look at the screenshot.

[Image: d3a4ae94d6182ed6903dac80207d5090.png]
^ increasing the field value at forum admin panel might not be sufficient.
maximum length of a database field basically depends on the type of the field
Pages: 1 2