MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iPatrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This brings up a question that I have...

iPatrol makes this plugin, Spam Blocker & Auto Ban plugin redundant because it includes the same functionality that this plugin has.

Am I correct to assume this?

If that is correct, then I don't need to have the Spam Blocker plugin since iPatrol takes care of that.
How do I stop ipatrol from making all of these bots? Or how can I hide them from the online today/who's online area?

Thanks!
(2019-10-01, 02:44 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]How do I stop ipatrol from making all of these bots?

If you want to disable spider detection then go to plugin's settings and disable this:
[Image: Untitled.png]

(2019-10-01, 02:44 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Or how can I hide them from the online today/who's online area?

This has been asked by other users before but it has nothing to do with the plugin. If the spider's data is available in your database and if the spider is visiting your site it will show up in WOL list. Its by nature and as per core functionality of MyBB. The plugin is not showing them up in who's online list.

If you want to hide spiders in WOL list you need to modify the core.
(2019-10-01, 03:04 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-01, 02:44 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]How do I stop ipatrol from making all of these bots?

If you want to disable spider detection then go to plugin's settings and disable this:

(2019-10-01, 02:44 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Or how can I hide them from the online today/who's online area?

This has been asked by other users before but it has nothing to do with the plugin. If the spider's data is available in your database and if the spider is visiting your site it will show up in WOL list. Its by nature and as per core functionality of MyBB. The plugin is not showing them up in who's online list.

I understand, thanks effone. But I do want to mention that most spiders that are now showing on my website, I have never seen until I installed iPatrol on my board, but I will look further into it then, Thanks again Smile
(2019-10-01, 03:08 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-01, 03:04 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]

I understand, thanks effone. But I do want to mention that most spiders that are now showing on my website, I have never seen until I installed iPatrol on my board, but I will look further into it then, Thanks again Smile

Yes, I have the same issue with mine as well. I wish those spider bots were NOT being listed in the Who's Online Listing. It's annoying. 

I have a hard time buying the excuse that the spider bots will show up regardless of the iPatrol plugin. 

I know for a fact that spider bots were NOT showing up BEFORE I installed iPatrol, even though many of them were visiting my website before iPatrol and those spider bots were NEVER listed. 

Then all of a sudden, AFTER installing iPatrol, all of those spider bots are now being listed. 

What changed? iPatrol. 

Unfortunately, the plugin authors will not do anything about it.  

We are left with to continue to use iPatrol or not use iPatrol. 

As much as I like iPatrol, but the annoying fact of using iPatrol is causing spider bots to be listed on Who's Online List is forcing me to NOT to use it anymore.
This is not an EXCUSE. The spiders are visiting your site and you are treating / considering them as guests. You are being misguided.
Thats all about the effort of identifying the bots. To let you know more clearly who is visiting.
Even without the plugin, google the latest spider list alongwith their user agent, enter in your spider list in ACP manually. All will show up in your WOL list.

The author has done what was in his scope. He made a setting for spider identification. Turn it off, delete the already detected spiders from ACP. You are done.

Pligin features are optional. Turn on only what you need and thats all.
Serpius - omg, are you an ignorant? Bots in WOL is MyBB core feature, not related to this plugin! If you need to hidr them, open a request for another plugin. There is no easy way to do it.
(2019-10-01, 02:15 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Serpius - omg, are you an ignorant? Bots in WOL is MyBB core feature, not related to this plugin! If you need to hidr them, open a request for another plugin. There is no easy way to do it.

Not ignorant, just relaying the facts. I am not the only that sees this.

It's OK, I am no longer using iPatrol.
iPatrol also seemed to have banned many members from accessing the site, even though I disabled the setting for banning proxy visitors.

It banned staff members and a few others as well from viewing the board when the plugin was activated. I didn't know about it until the next day, and I was wondering why my forum was so inactive lol. I deactivated the plugin and all was unbanned

I am not sure if it is due to my website or the plugin, but it can also not be a coincidence that it happened to me and Serpius (As far as the spiders / bots go in the Online section, not sure about the banning issue)

Good work with the plugin though! I am excited to see future updates Big Grin
Its not a random plugin to just pick up and use. Understand if you need it and how you need it, configure.
If you don't use it - thats fine. I understand why you are facing issues Wink
I made it for our own convenience. Released it free as we thought it may be helpful for some, not for those who are happy to accept bots as guests or allow legit members to get banned even when there are several settings to fine tune.

This plugin is not for you. Thanks for trying though...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5