MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converts MyBB into Progressive Web Apps and Accelerated Mobile Pages styles.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2020-04-24, 10:35 PM)Seeker-Smith Wrote: [ -> ]This, I don't see this:

Browse to "Admin Control Panel", select "Plugins" menu under "Configuration" category, click the "Activate" link to install/activate "PWA+AMP MyBB 1.8".

You can google "how to install a mybb plugin".  There are step by step description, and youtube video for this topic.
Really? I have 25 + plugins running I know how to install a plugin.
^ please once again check for correct locations of the plugin files
Quote:-- plugins/pwamp.php
-- plugins/pwamp (folder with other files & sub-folders)
-- languages/english/pwamp.lang.php
(2020-04-25, 02:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please once again check for correct locations of the plugin files
Quote:-- plugins/pwamp.php
-- plugins/pwamp (folder with other files & sub-folders)
-- languages/english/pwamp.lang.php

Thank you.  I will improve here in my next version.
I am very interested in this plugin, can you share some screenshots and performance related stats?

Regards
WallBB
(2020-04-25, 01:54 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I am very interested in this plugin, can you share some screenshots and performance related stats?

Regards
WallBB

Hi WallBB,

I am sorry I do not have any screenshots, and I don't have detail performance related data.

The quickest way you can get some feeling of my plugin is: 1. go to your PC; 2. install a web server simulator, like XAMPP; 3. install MyBB; 4. install my plugin.  If you find you can pass 1. AMP validation testing -- your website is more mobile-friend, Google will give your website a higher rating; and 2. a lot of your pictures and javascripts are read from your web browser cache/local storage, not from network -- the performance is improved.

And then, try my plugin at your real website.  My plugin does have any DataBase operation -- if you don't like my plugin, just remove it, your website will back to the original.

Rickey
So I take so of the files are not in the correct location. What needs to be moved and to where?
^ please check locations :
pwamp-mybb18/plugins/pwamp.php => /inc/plugins/pwamp.php
pwamp-mybb18/plugins/pwamp (folder with other files & sub-folders) => /inc/plugins/pwamp
pwamp-mybb18/languages/english/pwamp.lang.php => /inc/languages/english/pwamp.lang.php
(2020-04-25, 03:31 PM)rickey29 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-25, 01:54 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I am very interested in this plugin, can you share some screenshots and performance related stats?

Regards
WallBB

Hi WallBB,

I am sorry I do not have any screenshots, and I don't have detail performance related data.

The quickest way you can get some feeling of my plugin is: 1. go to your PC; 2. install a web server simulator, like XAMPP; 3. install MyBB; 4. install my plugin.  If you find you can pass 1. AMP validation testing -- your website is more mobile-friend, Google will give your website a higher rating; and 2. a lot of your pictures and javascripts are read from your web browser cache/local storage, not from network -- the performance is improved.

And then, try my plugin at your real website.  My plugin does have any DataBase operation -- if you don't like my plugin, just remove it, your website will back to the original.

Rickey
I will test it on a demo website first before using on live site. Smile
This one looks interesting, I'm amused it passed overlooked.
Pages: 1 2 3