MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login after migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, friends.
I migrate myBB to another server following the steps in this topic. Migration has passed without any problems. But when I try to login with my admin name and password - I can't. I see messege "The authorization code does not match." I try with option "I forgot my password". On my mail I receive codes for password reset, but without result. Where am I wrong? I can login to admin panel from mysite.com/admin and I try to make new user with admin previleges, but if I try to login with new name and pass system don't accept name and password. Please help me.
I two words: with name and pass I can't login to myBB, but can to admin panel.
Hi,

please follow the steps in this post:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html
(2019-06-09, 07:22 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

please follow the steps in this post:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html
Thank you, but my myBB is 1.8.20 and templates are changed by default.
Other ideas ?
what happens if you try using direct login with URL like below
forumURL/member.php?action=login

note: forumURL is without index.php
(2019-06-10, 04:45 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what happens if you try using direct login with URL like below
forumURL/member.php?action=login

note: forumURL is without index.php
The result is:

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
Have you checked to make sure the templates are updated correctly and not outdated?

Check the thread https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html and make sure the code is present in your relevant templates.
Thank you, Ben, but all templates have this code
<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />

by default.

On my original place myBB work without any problems. On new server I can't login.
My idea - something about file's privilegs ? 0644, 0755 ...

I found a solution  Toungue
I followed the steps of this topic. I guess the problem was in an incorrect way to a cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php. I change with correct settings and clear the cache. After this I make settings.php CHMOD to 666 and now I can login to forum and admin panel.
(2019-06-10, 07:04 PM)vesodimov Wrote: [ -> ]I found a solution  Toungue
I followed the steps of this topic. I guess the problem was in an incorrect way to a cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php. I change with correct settings and clear the cache. After this I make settings.php CHMOD to 666 and now I can login to forum and admin panel.

Thank you so much. I had the exact same problem as you. The templates were already modified correctly. All I needed to do was update the cookie domain in settings.php as you described in the quote above. That solved it. I did not need to change the file permissions to 666. It worked fine with 664
@mikew

I'm glad I was able to help you.
Regards