MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another image bug in editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2019-06-14, 03:27 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]It's easier for such issues to slip in, given they're not documented as official features that MyBB supports (like drag & drop and pasting images).

Original image URLs, instead of data URIs, would be one of many peculiarities that users may take advantage of in MyBB - some may be unknown to developers, or outright classified as bugs rather than features (similar example: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3383 - undocumented HTML support in security questions → HTML disabled → something breaks, which gets reported → MyCode support added, addressing main problem).

If you're looking for a quick fix, adding false&& to the
if(yt.FileReader&&s&&kt.test(s[c].type))
condition, which would become
if(false&&yt.FileReader&&s&&kt.test(s[c].type))
in the minified /jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js file may revert this change.

This doesn't solve this bug,just tried it with your solution.
Thank you so much <3
Still no quick fix?
Hello?
Since I was using the exact plugin (Edit History) that causes MySQL error with this bug and I believe that copying image directly to the editor is common thing in my forum I didn't update and waited for any quick fix. But it's been a month and there's none. Both this bug and MySQL error related to it still exists in community forums aswell:

[Image: mybbsql.png] 
If fixing this 'bug' is not a possibility (since I am not getting answer I take it as it's not) maybe there can be some kind of changes in Edit History plugin that avoids forum having MySQL errors at least?
(2019-07-15, 02:29 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]maybe there can be some kind of changes in Edit History plugin that avoids forum having MySQL errors at least?

Yes, the originaltext column will need its type changed to MEDIUMTEXT / LONGTEXT for MySQL:
ALTER TABLE mybb_edithistory MODIFY `originaltext` LONGTEXT NOT NULL;

It's due to be applied on this board as well.
Is there any solution for this bug?
I m having the same issue with my forum
now i read this post and still i can not find any solution
Same problem in 1.8.22 Sad
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/4078

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Pages: 1 2 3