MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts & MentionMe (Tag Alerts NOT Working, PMs NOT Working)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently installed MyAlerts to make use of MentionMe as suggested by another for its features.

ISSUES:
- MentionMe autocomplete ONLY works on Quick Reply (New Reply and New Thread do not have autocomplete for some reason).
- While MentionMe does tag the user in the thread it does not sync with notifications.
-- To elaborate, I can tag a user in a thread and it will link to their account appropriately however that account will not receive a PM notification (not even for attached account PM notification) OR an alert notification.

DONE:
- Turned on MyAlerts integration in the Account Switcher settings.
- Set up "mention", "accountswitcher_author" and "accountswitcher_pm" to enabled in Alert Types settings.
- Ensured that any template additions in custom themes are there, it is possible I could have missed something but I am unsure. Compared default MyBB templates to new theme templates.
- Tested above issues in default MyBB theme and still have said issues.

MAYBE RELEVANT:
- MyBB Version 1.8.20
- PHP Version 7.1.30

Any help would be lovely!
Hello,
Another Issue  If you mentioned any user in DVZ Shoutbox, It will not notify the mentioned user via MyAlerts.
(MentionMe Plugin)
How this issue can resolved? Or MyAlerts does not support MentionMe in DVZ Shoutbox?
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm not 100% sure I am following you completely, but this is what I think you are saying:

If you mention someone in a PM, they do not receive an alert?

If so, then that is expected behavior. PMs should have their own alerts, but not for individual mentions within the body of the PM message. Same for DVZ Shoutbox. The intention is to allow linked mentions, but there is no alert.

If I've misunderstood, help me to understand and I will try to help you.
(2019-06-13, 10:17 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm not 100% sure I am following you completely, but this is what I think you are saying:

If so, then that is expected behavior. PMs should have their own alerts, but not for individual mentions within the body of the PM message. Same for DVZ Shoutbox. The intention is to allow linked mentions, but there is no alert.

Thanks a lot for explaining.
(2019-06-13, 10:17 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Not mentioning in PM, mentioning in a thread/post. I assumed that if you were mentioned in a thread/post via the MentionMe plugin you would receive an alert (or a PM) that someone has mentioned you in xxx post?

"The intention is to allow linked mentions, but there is no alert."
^ I may have misunderstood the use of this plugin then, I was thinking this is somewhat similar to a tagging plugin. Where you tag (mention) a user and they are then notified.
Smile
(2019-06-13, 09:16 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I assumed that if you were mentioned in a thread/post via the MentionMe plugin you would receive an alert (or a PM) that someone has mentioned you in xxx post?

Two different people in this thread. I was replying to the other user.

So, you aren't getting any mention alerts at all?
(2019-06-13, 09:19 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-13, 09:16 PM)isoldehn Wrote: [ -> ]I assumed that if you were mentioned in a thread/post via the MentionMe plugin you would receive an alert (or a PM) that someone has mentioned you in xxx post?

Two different people in this thread. I was replying to the other user.

So, you aren't getting any mention alerts at all?

I know that DVZ Mentions requires an '@' before the username in order for the plugin to recognize it and I get an alert if the user uses the proper form.

What about your plugin?

Does your plugin require a '@' or some other 'character' before the username?
(2019-06-13, 09:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Does your plugin require a '@' or some other 'character' before the username?

Yes. Like DVZ Mentions, it is optional to display the @ symbol, but yeah, in order to trigger the mention detection, you need a delimiter of some sort.
(2019-06-14, 02:27 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-13, 09:44 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Does your plugin require a '@' or some other 'character' before the username?

Yes. Like DVZ Mentions, it is optional to display the @ symbol, but yeah, in order to trigger the mention detection, you need a delimiter of some sort.

The reason why I asked is that the delimiter may be missing (by isoldehn in post #5), which would cause the alert NOT to show up because of the lack of a delimiter.
Using the @ symbol.

Tested by doing both the autocomplete function and manually with quotes around name as the autocomplete does. Still no notification in alerts or PMs that a user was tagged.
Pages: 1 2