MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Admin CP Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

We will be updating the default Admin Control Panel theme in 1.9 to match MyBB's new branding and design.

Here are a few screenshots of the new theme:

[Image: login.png]

[Image: user_groups.png]

[Image: banning.png]

[Image: attachment_types.png]

[Image: recount.png]
Responsive?
Looks nice. Thread shared in the german community.
(2019-06-23, 07:06 PM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]Responsive?

No, the ACP will not be responsive in 1.9. There are plans for a full ACP rewrite in a future 1.x release and the ACP will be fully redesigned to be responsive at that time.
So eventually, the ACP will just be redesigned again and made responsive? Aside from making it match the front-end, what's the point? Surely the team's (mainly your's, Justin) time and efforts can be spent on something more, well, important?
I agree with Wires

It would be nice to have the ACP redesigned to match the frontend, and it does look nice (and appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into this) but it will be seen by a hand full of admin staff, so TBH I don't see the point until such time you choose to make it responsive (on a practical level so I can perform my tasks on the go, a responsive ACP would be awesome)

The more important stuff at this time is what other users will see - everything else can wait!
(2019-06-24, 08:46 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Wires

It would be nice to have the ACP redesigned to match the frontend, and it does look nice (and appreciate all the hard work everyone puts into this) but it will be seen by a hand full of admin staff, so TBH I don't see the point until such time you choose to make it responsive (on a practical level so I can perform my tasks on the go, a responsive ACP would be awesome)

The more important stuff at this time is what other users will see - everything else can wait!

This. Would just like to emphasise that my point shouldn’t be taken as being ungrateful, however, I think the team need prioritise the work their doing, considering the availability and time they may have on their hands. If this was at the top of the priority list, then I’m pretty sure this isn’t what the users want to see first.
(2019-06-24, 01:57 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]So eventually, the ACP will just be redesigned again and made responsive? Aside from making it match the front-end, what's the point? Surely the team's (mainly your's, Justin) time and efforts can be spent on something more, well, important?

This took about 4 hours to do. It did not take very much time at all.

The front end theme is essentially complete at this point.
(2019-06-24, 10:40 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-06-24, 01:57 AM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]So eventually, the ACP will just be redesigned again and made responsive? Aside from making it match the front-end, what's the point? Surely the team's (mainly your's, Justin) time and efforts can be spent on something more, well, important?

This took about 4 hours to do. It did not take very much time at all.

The front end theme is essentially complete at this point.

Surely, the ACP can be made into responsive now to match the responsiveness of the front end theme. 

Why not take care of that now and get that over with? Then, you can focus on the more demanding things that will come up in the future. 

I hate for the ACP responsive portion get buried due to the pressing issues that will likely come up later on MyBB 1.9.xx.
A polished ACP will require a rewrite of the functions and many of the core code admin modules.

The ACP is completely different to the front end setup. It will be probably as much work as the front.

For those asking for responsiveness of the ACP - don't know what size devices you have in mind, but personally i would choose medium size / tablet devices as the limit to optimise the theme for, and maybe still use tables to represent the data. Imagine stacking all that data with cards and having to scroll through on a mobile device.
Pages: 1 2 3