MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Steam Status Bar in Post Bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone. I'd like to know if there's anyone considering of making a plugin that allows users to link their forum account with their Steam account, and let them show their Steam account's status (Steam account name, level, online/offline status and currently playing game if plays any at that moment) bar in their post bits. That'd be just amazing to have such a plugin in our forums but sadly there's none working right now. Only one was MySteam Powered but it's been more than 5 years since it has not been updated. So, I just wanted to give it a shot here if anyone wants to update MySteam Powered or make a new one instead, paid or not. Thanks already!
what happens when you install it?
(2019-07-16, 05:24 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]what happens when you install it?
Well, I don't remember actually but I found my post from 2 years ago that I had an error and it didn't work. Since it's an outdated plugin and so many things changed in 5 years, I assume it won't work again.
sometimes all that is required is to change the compatibility line from 1.6* to 1.8*

plus converting the template styling

what was the error?
So as expected, it gives mean error that it's incompatible with 1.8.21 and I'll change it and see what happens then.

Edit: Yes, it's working well but it turns out to be not what I described. What I'm looking for is somethig like this;

[Image: Unavngivet.png]

Also would like to mention that it's from another forum software and I added the level myself, just to make it clear what kind of plugin I'm looking for. MySteam Powered only shows if I'm online in Steam or not, nothing else.
So just to confirm, you want a plugin that will display the forum user's Steam name, level, status, and current game played?

I threw together this website to query those 4 things so it shouldn't be hard to make a MyBB plugin that pulls that data and puts it in the postbit: http://steam.jmd.cc/?steamid=76561197967902294
(2019-07-16, 07:53 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]So just to confirm, you want a plugin that will display the forum user's Steam name, level, status, and current game played?

I threw together this website to query those 4 things so it shouldn't be hard to make a MyBB plugin that pulls that data and puts it in the postbit: http://steam.jmd.cc/?steamid=76561197967902294

Exactly! Just like in the image, all those 4 infos in a fancy box in postbit and that's it. But sadly I'm quite ignorant about making plugins, so, I'll just have to wait for someone to do it...
I probably won't be able to do the fancy box, but I can add the info to the postbit.
(2019-07-17, 05:02 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I probably won't be able to do the fancy box, but I can add the info to the postbit.
That'd be quite enough and amazing. I can handle with CSS I believe.
How about something like this?
Pages: 1 2 3