MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain suspended, moving to new domain doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The problem is you have not changed your board URL from old to new, plus the cookie domain settings. This is done in ACP -> configutation - site details.
(2019-07-18, 03:38 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Read this: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/styles/

For some reason $settings['bburl'] = "http://mysite.com"; wasn't in my settings.php, I added it any my style is back.

(2019-07-18, 03:41 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Cookie settings are incorrect.
https://docs.mybb.com/tools/cookie-settings

I doubt they are set incorrect. They are set in the settings.php like this: 
[Image: b58898c51e.png]

In the same way as it says in the link you just send.

My original problem still persists, I am unable to change any settings, etc. As any link/button I press in the adminCP logs me out. 

Kind regards,
Hugo.
Delete the settings.php file, edit the settings in phpMyAdmin, then login to the AdminCP and save the settings.
(2019-07-18, 04:03 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Delete the settings.php file, edit the settings in phpMyAdmin, then login to the AdminCP and save the settings.

Thanks for your reply. I deleted the settings.php and modified all url's in PHPMyadmin. I then logged into the AdminCP, which worked, but I still can't press any buttons / links. Which cause me to log-out..
Clear browser cache and cookies.
(2019-07-18, 04:27 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Clear browser cache and cookies.

I did already. I even tried it in multiple browsers, multiple times. P.S. I can also not log-in normally on my forum.

Like everything is messed up....

Kind regards,
Hugo.
Ignore my previous post about settings.php Don't know what made me think it was deprecated.

Anyway, edit it to fix your cookie domain settings. It should have the www in front. Or alternatively remove the www from your board URL, also in the settings.php

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".www.yoururl.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
(2019-07-18, 03:56 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I just migrated my forum to a new domain this morning and it worked without any issues, here's the steps I took:

1) Mark old forum closed (not required but it prevents data from being missed during the migration, you don't need to do this step since your forum is down).
2) Export database and backup files.
3) Copy files to new host.
4) Import database.
5) Edit the bburl, cookiedomain, cookiepath, and cookieprefix values in the _settings table.
6) Delete /inc/settings.php
7) Login to the AdminCP.
8) Go to Board Settings, make any other changes (i.e. Homepage URL, mail settings, and anything else domain specific), then save them to recreate the settings.php file.

Not sure if these steps are needed or not but once I did those steps I also clicked on the "Rebuild and Reload All" link under Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager then I used the "Optimize Database" function, then I clicked the "Go" button for everything in "Recount & Rebuild".
Those are the exact steps I took multiple times. Thanks for replying though. 
(2019-07-18, 04:36 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore my previous post about settings.php Don't know what made me think it was deprecated.

Anyway, edit it to fix your cookie domain settings. It should have the www in front. Or alternatively remove the www from your board URL, also in the settings.php

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".www.yoururl.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

Weirdest thing happend. I enabled my SSL Certificate.. Went back to the ACP, and I could access every function without being logged out! However, my style / css / theme disappeared again.. 

Kind regards,
Hugo.
right click and view source, and check what your cookie domain settings are, then compare it to the URL in the browser URL box.
(2019-07-18, 04:46 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]right click and view source, and check what your cookie domain settings are, then compare it to the URL in the browser URL box.

Are you suggesting it should be .https://www.myforum.tld as cookie domain? That's whats in my browser URL box. And in the view source it says the cookie domain is .myforum.tld. 

You have been very helpful so far, greatly appreciated! 

Kind regards,
Hugo.
Pages: 1 2 3