MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Activations No Longer Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been having issues lately with the activation email not working anymore.

For a LONG time, users were getting registered and activated with no problems. 

I have not installed any new plugins since early June 2019. (can't recall the exact date)

I am posting screenshots to show the configurations and logs to assist anyone in figuring out what is going on.

For the record... I am using ZOHO Email service for my website email setup, not GMail. 

There has been no record of user activations since July 16. Those last few entries have nothing to do with the user activation.

[Image: 24baacb36f37b2370f142f6b69232e6a.png]

Next screen, most of those entries are from my RSS feeds. The errors you see have been fixed and the RSS feeds have been running fine since July 9.

[Image: 6997132601e5e79ac56e37db9916981c.png]

My Email settings in the Board Configuration.

[Image: 7e63b5730d6592b2a4e5b529d5e76dbe.png]

My Site configurations.

[Image: 644ac87eddb9122be7c41efda01377c1.png]

There you have it. 

Can anyone assist me in figuring out why users cannot get the activation email like they are supposed to receive?

Thanks in advance!
Still need assistance on this issue!

Can anyone help?
I still need assistance on this issue!

Can anyone help?
Does your email provider or host have a limit on the amount of emails sent out? I'd maybe try and disable email notifications across the forum if you feel as if a lot of your users have email notifications on.
Did you ever use PHP mail as the Mail Handler before? If so, I guess you're on a shared hosting service and your problem may be caused by a server-side change.

I'm using ZOHO free mail service, too. I setup SMTP mail as MyBB's Mail Handler. I'd like to suggest you to try the same way.

Seems no error on user activation emails is logged in your second screenshot, meaning user activation emails, if any, are sent successfully from MyBB.
(2019-08-10, 03:39 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever use PHP mail as the Mail Handler before? If so, I guess you're on a shared hosting service and your problem may be caused by a server-side change.

I'm using ZOHO free mail service, too. I setup SMTP mail as MyBB's Mail Handler. I'd like to suggest you to try the same way.

Seems no error on user activation emails is logged in your second screenshot, meaning user activation emails, if any, are sent successfully from MyBB.

I am using a paid VPS to host my website, therefore, I do not have a hosting company dictating what I can or can't do.

I am using the paid ZOHO mail service, not the free one. 

I am fully aware that there aren't any errors in regards to the emails, but it does not explain WHY the users are NOT getting the activation emails.

Something is amiss and I can't seem to find the solutions to fix this.
(2019-08-10, 05:56 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a paid VPS to host my website, therefore, I do not have a hosting company dictating what I can or can't do.
OK, that'll be easier to investigate the problem.

(2019-08-10, 05:56 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the paid ZOHO mail service, not the free one.
Regardless of paid/free service, the SMTP setting for ZOHO mail hosting should be the same.

(2019-08-10, 05:56 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully aware that there aren't any errors in regards to the emails, but it does not explain WHY the users are NOT getting the activation emails.

Something is amiss and I can't seem to find the solutions to fix this.
Can you successfully send test mails from MyBB to your personal email address and receive it now? If yes, there should be no problem for activation emails, too, I suppose. If no, we can look into your server's system journal/log on mail for errors, or switch to SMTP.

I suggest you to set up MyBB to use SMTP as mail handler, I think it's more reliable. See ZOHO's SMTP setting for detail. Then you send a test mail in MyBB to your personal email address. If there's error log in MyBB, check what it is. If there's no error log but you don't receive the test mail, you may want to check ZOHO's setting.

Hope that would help.
After further work on the settings on both my website and the email service settings, the problem is not solved.

I still need assistance on this issue!

Can anyone help?
Zoho is needed premium member for smtp service.
(2019-08-12, 02:27 PM)LeoJeLy Wrote: [ -> ]Zoho is needed premium member for smtp service.
I use Zoho Mail Free version. SMTP is available for free accounts. POP, IMAP and Foward are premium features.
Pages: 1 2