MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Box floating in wrong spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK I've had this issue like 15 updates ago and have no idea how I fixed it so please help!

I went through a difficult upgrade for a friend and now the login box floats at the bottom left of the screen in such a way that I cannot see the text fields to fill them in. I can only see the top blue bar and a tiny bit of white below it. I have a password keeper that fills in and submits for me so I am able to use it but others will most likely freak out.

any idea how to fix this and what file needs editing to do so?

[attachment=42179]

I also just noticed on THIS site that the buttons below the reply box are in need of a space. See this screenshot.

[attachment=42180]
Looks like it's a theme/template issue, probably a wrong loaded or unloaded JavaScript code.

Make sure you are using the default MyBB theme/template (no changes), and have all files (expecially all JavaScript files in./jscripts/ folder & its subfolders) uploaded.

Then, maybe you need a force refresh (Ctrl + F5) in your browser to use latest assets that your forum serves.
(2019-09-10, 04:53 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it's a theme/template issue, probably a wrong loaded or unloaded JavaScript code.

Make sure you are using the default MyBB theme/template (no changes), and have all files (expecially all JavaScript files in./jscripts/ folder & its subfolders) uploaded.

Then, maybe you need a force refresh (Ctrl + F5) in your browser to use latest assets that your forum serves.

complete set of new files installed. This happens on multiple computers.
(2019-09-10, 05:56 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]complete set of new files installed. This happens on multiple computers.

Have you also checked the templates from AdminCP if they have custom contents or included correct JavaScript files?

Do you use a cache service such as Cloudflare that will serve you with cached but out-dated contents? It's also possible to happen when your server is using an aggressive cache policy.

Or could you please specify your forum URL for a check?
Only the login box, or all modals ?

Compare and update the modal css in global.css
(2019-09-10, 06:12 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-10, 05:56 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]complete set of new files installed. This happens on multiple computers.

Have you also checked the templates from AdminCP if they have custom contents or included correct JavaScript files?

Do you use a cache service such as Cloudflare that will serve you with cached but out-dated contents? It's also possible to happen when your server is using an aggressive cache policy.

Or could you please specify your forum URL for a check?

URL = https://ai-jane.org

Not sure what the server is doing regarding all the above. It's a VPS and a friend manages it. I do know we don't use Cloudflare.

(2019-09-10, 06:35 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Only the login box, or all modals ?

Compare and update the modal css in global.css

So far only the login box. I have not had time to check more yet. Work and all that.
If you are using the default theme, then just replace the global.css with the latest version, because there will be other issues you will be having related to upgrading.
(2019-09-11, 03:32 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Try this fix:
https://mybb.group/Thread-MyBB-Modal-Appearance-Fix

that link will not load for me

(2019-09-11, 04:42 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using the default theme, then just replace the global.css with the latest version, because there will be other issues you will be having related to upgrading.

I think I may have found the issue and I am at a loss as how to fix it.
Some years ago I merged this forum from a different software (I totally forget which it was) but because of that there are two sets of default templates. There WERE 2 sets of default themes (the css part) as well but when I finished upgrading and doing the recounts, that part sorted itself out. In the css file there is the new modal codes so I have a feeling that it might have to do with where the software is reading the codes from.

/** Modal Start **/

.modal {
 display: none;
 width: 400px;
 text-align: left;
 background: #fff;
 -webkit-border-radius: 8px;
 -moz-border-radius: 8px;
 -o-border-radius: 8px;
 -ms-border-radius: 8px;
 border-radius: 8px;
 -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
 -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
 -o-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
 -ms-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
 box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
}

.modal a.close-modal {
 position: absolute;
 top: -12.5px;
 right: -12.5px;
 display: block;
 width: 30px;
 height: 30px;
 text-indent: -9999px;
 background: url(images/close.png) no-repeat 0 0;
}

.modal-spinner {
 display: none;
 width: 64px;
 height: 64px;
 position: fixed;
 top: 50%;
 left: 50%;
 margin-right: -32px;
 margin-top: -32px;
 background: url(images/spinner_big.gif) no-repeat center center;
 -webkit-border-radius: 8px;
 -moz-border-radius: 8px;
 -o-border-radius: 8px;
 -ms-border-radius: 8px;
 border-radius: 8px;
}

/** Modal End **/

If I delete that Default2 template set, will it wreck the place or will it default back to that default theme?
I can always upload all new forum files without affecting the database if necessary if minor things break. See the screenshots for reference.

[attachment=42183]

[attachment=42184]
(2019-09-11, 03:32 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Try this fix:
https://mybb.group/Thread-MyBB-Modal-Appearance-Fix

Link finally uploaded and that does not fix the issue.

(2019-09-11, 04:42 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are using the default theme, then just replace the global.css with the latest version, because there will be other issues you will be having related to upgrading.

Ashley, do you have a copy of the latest version of the global.css? I always thought that updated when you update the forums.

In the cache/themes/. area I have 3 different themes all of which have dates that do not coincide with the date that I upgraded the forum. I also have two sites having this issue with the default theme now. Custom themes are not affected but I have no idea where the differences are even with a comparison. I upgraded this forum on 9/9/2019

I'm stumped

[attachment=42212]
Pages: 1 2