MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error: "The /e modifier is no longer supported" on Upgrade Mybb 1.8.21 and php 7.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgrade mybb 1.8.21 and i got this error.

"SELECT * FROM mybb_attachtypes WHERE enabled=1" 

I lock to install directory and for now there was no problem. Then I made the php version 7.3 as recommended and I got the following error;

[attachment=42195]

Warning [2] preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead - Line: 484 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.3.9 (Linux)
 // Replace the rest
if($this->mycode_cache['standard_count'] > 0)
{
Line 484: $message = preg_replace($this->mycode_cache['standard']['find'], $this->mycode_cache['standard']['replacement'], $message);
}

Warning [2] preg_match(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead - Line: 500 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 7.3.9 (Linux)

// Replace the nestable mycode's
		if($this->mycode_cache['nestable_count'] > 0)
		{
			foreach($this->mycode_cache['nestable'] as $mycode)
			{
Line 500: while(preg_match($mycode['find'], $message))
				{
					$message = preg_replace($mycode['find'], $mycode['replacement'], $message);
				}
			}
		}

How can I solved this problem?

Note: I don't get any problems when I make php version 5.6.
Oh, sorry. It might not relate to user-add MyCode.

Do you have any plugin that would affect MyCode parsing, eg. will add another MyCode support?

And make sure you've uploaded and overwritten files from 1.8.21.

I think it should be a problem of user-added MyCode either by hand or by a plugin. Turn to your AdminCP, and follow Configuration > MyCode check all custom MyCode and plugins that might affect MyCode parsing.
Not solved?
(2019-09-15, 12:04 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, sorry. It might not relate to user-add MyCode.

Do you have any plugin that would affect MyCode parsing, eg. will add another MyCode support?

And make sure you've uploaded and overwritten files from 1.8.21.

I think it should be a problem of user-added MyCode either by hand or by a plugin. Turn to your AdminCP, and follow Configuration > MyCode check all custom MyCode and plugins that might affect MyCode parsing.

Thank you Noyle;

I try to deactive all plugins for try this but not solved. And yes, I've uploaded all update files and overwritten.
(2019-09-15, 12:22 PM)Dralix Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you Noyle;

I try to deactive all plugins for try this but not solved. And yes, I've uploaded all update files and overwritten.

If so, I've no idea where the problem might be. You may PM me with the URL displaying those warnings and maybe a user credential that can view your custom MyCode settings for investigating. However, I still doubt any plugin that may hijack MyCode parsing.

I've tested a basic MyBB 1.8.21 installation with some custom MyCodes on PHP 7.3 and there's no problem upon MyCode parsing. Also checked the code, currently MyBB doesn't use the /e modifier anymore.
(2019-09-15, 01:05 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-15, 12:22 PM)Dralix Wrote: [ -> ]
Thank you Noyle;

If so, I've no idea where the problem might be. You may PM me with the URL displaying those warnings and maybe a user credential that can view your custom MyCode settings for investigating. However, I still doubt any plugin that may hijack MyCode parsing.

I've tested a basic MyBB 1.8.21 installation with some custom MyCodes on PHP 7.3 and there's no problem upon MyCode parsing. Also checked the code, currently MyBB doesn't use the /e modifier anymore.

You try to yourcode plugin? I use to ; Yourcode 2.1.3