MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Create Backup and Restore the Entire MyBB Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am new to MyBB, and after playing for some days with MyBB, I see Creating Backup and Restoring the Backup is indeed a big big problem. Still there is no such easy solutions to this problem.

But at the same time, I see there is many big big forum are live even after many attacks by hackers. Don't know how they maintain this backup things.

Do you guys knows any such methods, that big forum are using for their daily backup?

Also is there any tools or script for automatic daily backup with restoring options?

This is a serious issues, I am expecting pros to contribute here, please!

Help us with this serious issue, so we can think of making good community.

Kind Regards
Zak
[For 1.8] Get Daily Automatic Backup of Your MyBB Database

https://community.mybb.com/thread-171419.html
I use mysqldump for database backup and run shell scripts with cron for automatic backing up, compressing, remote backup (rsync) and maintaining only several recent backups.
Same than @noyle: I use my own scripts with mysqldump and rsync, and I keep 7 backups (one by weekday).
Btw, I've several protections to avoid attacks (fail2ban which my own jails, and other small utilities)
There's any easy way for non technical person to backup mybb forum, both database and file ?

also there is any easy restore process as well?
For backups simply use the MyBB feature.
Go to ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Database Backups -> Tab: New Backup

This will backup the entire database with all contents, templates and styles.
Mind this is a database backup only resulting in an SQL file.
In case of a disaster recovery, you can restore the forums with a new installation and importing the SQL file.

Similar to these methods mentioned above, the better way is to use automated backups of database and files on OS/filesystem level using cron or scheduled tasks. Then there is no more forum installation needed - so just a file backup and SQL import will recover the forum system.

BTW.
Depending on the webhosting, your hoster may create daily backups as a service. If so keep in mind for a system recovery.

[ExiTuS]
Thus it seems that you dont need to backup all the files.
If you backup only the database, you can restore everything by importing the SQL file.

How does backing up with SQL file impact the plugins though?

Do you also have to re-install all the plugins afterwards if you only backup the database, or do you only install the database and the plugins fall into place?

(2019-09-26, 03:38 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]For backups simply use the MyBB feature.
Go to ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Database Backups -> Tab: New Backup

This will backup the entire database with all contents, templates and styles.
Mind this is a database backup only resulting in an SQL file.
In case of a disaster recovery, you can restore the forums with a new installation and importing the SQL file.

Similar to these methods mentioned above, the better way is to use automated backups of database and files on OS/filesystem level using cron or scheduled tasks. Then there is no more forum installation needed - so just a file backup and SQL import will recover the forum system.

BTW.
Depending on the webhosting, your hoster may create daily backups as a service. If so keep in mind for a system recovery.

[ExiTuS]
(2019-12-14, 03:10 PM)guyseduire Wrote: [ -> ]Thus it seems that you dont need to backup all the files.
If you backup only the database, you can restore everything by importing the SQL file.

false

you need to do a file AND database backup to do a restore.

you could do a restore of a database on a clean installation of files, but then you will lose any core code edits you may have made, and you will have to re upload all plugin files.
[quote="[ExiTuS]" pid='1336421' dateline='1569512299']
Para backups, basta usar o recurso MyBB.
Vá para ACP -> Ferramentas e Manutenção -> Backups do Banco de Dados -> Guia: Novo Backup

Isso faz backup de todo o banco de dados com todos os conteúdos, modelos e estilos.
Lembre-se que este é um backup de banco de dados que só resulta em um arquivo SQL.
Em caso de recuperação de desastres, você pode restaurar os fóruns com uma nova instalação e importação do arquivo SQL.

Semelhante a esses métodos mencionados acima, a melhor forma é usar backups automatizados de banco de dados e arquivos no nível de SISTEMA OPERACIONAL/arquivo usando tarefas cron ou programadas. Em seguida, não há mais instalação de fórum necessário - então apenas um backup de arquivo e importação SQL recuperar o sistema de fórum.

BTW.
Dependendo da webhosting, o hoster pode criar backups diários como um serviço. Se assim for, tenha em mente uma recuperação do sistema.

[ExiTuS]
[/cotação]

Amigo depois que eu fazer upload do SQL, qual o próximo passo? eu subi e nao esta aparece nada no admin
Pages: 1 2