MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reported theme not being removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've reported this extension 3 days ago but it is still online. It's obviously not a theme for MyBB but a Word document not related to MyBB at all.
Rejected.
There is no validation for themes ?
Or did the "author" change the content after validation ?
(2019-10-04, 10:32 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]There is no validation for themes ?
Or did the "author" change the content after validation ?
We made a change a while back to the theme and plugin approval process. Mods are now visible immediately, but won't be marked as being approved until they've been reviewed.
This is due to the mods queue getting backed up with lots of waiting requests leading to frustration between both users and staff.
Maybe you should start approving submission made by new users again. This one isn't a plugin but several pdf documents (wtf?): https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1310
Or peharps make them immediatly visible if the poster has a minimum number of posts (in the forum) or approved submission (in the extend part).
I know you don't have a lot of time and checking submissions are a hard work, and how frustrating it is for developpers when their plugins or themes aren't validated in a few days, but allowing bad contents is... bad.
At least a script to check contents of the archives ? and block any archive containing .doc / .pdf / .wtf ?
A pop-up warning perhaps saying that " this file is not verified yet. Download at your own risk. "
A good suggestion for MyBB is have a Reviewer that reviews the themes and plugins that are being submitted
(2019-10-06, 02:22 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]A good suggestion for MyBB is have a Reviewer that reviews the themes and plugins that are being submitted

Not a bad idea. I've found a few plugins that I've had to word around MySQL issues but your average user doesn't know how to do that. I know I'm kind of new here but I'd definitely be willing to help out with testing plugins and themes.
I've reported this extension yesterday: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1290
It used to be a plugin but was literally replaced with a penis.
Pages: 1 2