MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cerise Theme Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a backup of my mybb forum installed in localhost. In it the problem is happening

Now, here is the problem the font color of the theme's sub-headings are showing wrong. So, I checked through 'Inspect Element' of my browser in the global.css in the lines 428 and 445, it is saying the font colour is #f2f2f2 (which is wrong).

So, later I tried to change them through ACP but when I checked the lines 428 and 445 they are showing correctly the default font colour which is #A0A0A0.

I have cleared browser cache and all. But its still showing the fonts with colour f2f2f2. I am not sure here what is causing the problem?

Any tricks Vintagedaddyo??
(2019-10-19, 03:10 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I have a backup of my mybb forum installed in localhost. In it the problem is happening

Now, here is the problem the font color of the theme's sub-headings are showing wrong. So, I checked through 'Inspect Element' of my browser in the global.css in the lines 428 and 445, it is saying the font colour is #f2f2f2 (which is wrong).

So, later I tried to change them through ACP but when I checked the lines 428 and 445 they are showing correctly the default font colour which is #A0A0A0.

I have cleared browser cache and all. But its still showing the fonts with colour f2f2f2. I am not sure here what is causing the problem?

Any tricks Vintagedaddyo??

Which theme are you using?

It would be nice to let us know which theme you are talking about.
'Cerise', I mentioned in the headline.
(2019-10-19, 04:31 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]'Cerise', I mentioned in the headline.

There are 2 Cerise themes... one for the website and one for the AdminCP.
Is the font colour set in your body or html tags in your global.css going off what you are saying the font colour is being overridden somewhere else within your style sheets.

you can work this out using the element inspector in your browser and going through those elements listed you will find the one that is overriding things.

You can also use the !important clause at lines to 428 and 445 this may be the simplest way.
(2019-10-19, 09:47 PM)fishntassie Wrote: [ -> ]Is the font colour set in your body or html tags in your global.css going off what you are saying the font colour is being overridden somewhere else within your style sheets.

you can work this out using the element inspector in your browser and going through those elements listed you will find the one that is overriding things.

You can also use the !important clause at lines to 428 and 445 this may be the simplest way.

So, I checked the codes from localhost and live site both are same (except for the line 428 in localhost). I don't know how to look for overridden functions!!

@Serpius I am talking about the forum theme. Not the ACP theme.
It has to be getting the style from somewhere else within your style sheets.

In the live site do you have other style sheets that are not there on your local one???

You can try adding your color like below in your localhost to see if that fixes the colour issue:

color: #A0A0A0 !important;

Without seeing the code it is hard to say exactly what is causing it.

also is there any other plugin or jquery file being used on the live site that is not loading on your localhost some cdn's get blocked by firewalls etc.

Outside of that without seeing the site and the code it is hard to really hard to answer.
I have only one theme installed apart from the default theme of mybb in the live site and in the localhost both. Everything is same, no extra plugins.

As the colour when checked through global.css is A0A0A0, I still removed it and then entered & saved the colour to be A0A0A0 (again). Still when seen in the localhost its showing f2f2f2 when loaded. You want to see which code tell me!! I shall provide you.

On the other note: I am now thinking of deleting all the files of localhost and re-upload it. But even if it solves the problem for now still I wouldn't know what caused it!!
In your ACP when you go to themes page when you click on Cerise and you get the list of style sheets and the settings etc. are all of these the same.

it sounds like something is missing or different in the style sheets so it is not getting all of the style information on your localhost.

unfortunately Vintagedaddyo is no longer releasing things and has pulled most of his stuff as is his right.

To find the issue you need to see and compare all of the style elements on both the local and the remote host to find where in the hierarchy of the styles the color is being set.

There has to be some difference there somewhere that may not be in the global css it may be set in one of the other stylesheets.

Whilst the browsers inspectors are a good tool they do miss some of the style elements that are set elsewhere or higher up the hierarchy.

It is hard to say where when you do not have those style sheets to see.
Strangest thing happened. Everything went back to normal A0A0A0. Its not like that I cleared my cache or made a hard refresh, everything just did.

Even though when I did everything I could yesterday it remained unresolved.
Pages: 1 2