MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Symposium – Neat and modern conversation system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Doesn't work with Rin Editor, unfortunately. At least on my forum. It broke totally PM subsystem and had to uninstall this plugin. Fortunately all PMs was intact in the database, so revert was possible.
Idea is nice, but it still requires a lot of work and since the author left development, then this project seems to be dead Sad
Rin Editor is a third party plugin that can be adapted easily. Symposium does not aim to be compatible with all external plugins, which need to be adapted by their authors eventually.
wondering if anyone can help fix the attached issues. 

The username in the conversation is not showing fully

Edit i actually fixed the usercp menu.
It's probably a CSS issue of your theme. You can change the title's class or change the class' properties.
Hey Shade, I hope you're doing well. I purchased your plug-ins a few years ago before everything was opened up and released for free -- I really appreciate the extent to which you've expanded on MyBB. I'm in the process of experimenting with Symposium within a development environment and there appears to be an issue with PM notices. I'm wondering if there's a simple fix.

[attachment=45813]

I was able to replicate this on a fresh install. Instead of displaying two (or more) different usernames, it seems to repeat only one username for multiple conversations. I've browsed around the main plug-in file and haven't figured out how to fix this. Is there an edit that might rectify this between lines 628 and 702? That's the area I've been looking at.

As an aside, will your website be available soon? It was a great example of your theme/plug-ins in action.
I’ll look it up. I was not using notices, just the number of unread messages displayed in an icon, so I might have messed things up.

I still need to move the files onto the VPS. Will do when I’ll have time.
(2023-02-24, 12:16 AM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shade, I hope you're doing well. I purchased your plug-ins a few years ago before everything was opened up and released for free -- I really appreciate the extent to which you've expanded on MyBB. I'm in the process of experimenting with Symposium within a development environment and there appears to be an issue with PM notices. I'm wondering if there's a simple fix.

I was able to replicate this on a fresh install. Instead of displaying two (or more) different usernames, it seems to repeat only one username for multiple conversations. I've browsed around the main plug-in file and haven't figured out how to fix this. Is there an edit that might rectify this between lines 628 and 702? That's the area I've been looking at.

As an aside, will your website be available soon? It was a great example of your theme/plug-ins in action.

I've been having the same problem for a long time, did you find a solution?
MyBBoost is available again. I might revisit some works including Flyover and Symposium soon.
(2023-03-05, 12:50 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBoost is available again. I might revisit some works including Flyover and Symposium soon.

Great to hear buddy. If you want me to remove any of my uploads or add you as a contributor just let me know, more than happy to take any down if you want to manage them again.
(2023-03-05, 12:50 PM)Shade Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBoost is available again. I might revisit some works including Flyover and Symposium soon.

So happy to ear that Heart
Pages: 1 2 3 4