MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email notification for new PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I woulld like to request a mod to send out an email notifcation to the recipient whenever a PM is sent. Thanks.
It's strange, I thought this was already a feature of MyBB, but apparently not, so I'll create a small mod to do this.

It's quite a good suggestion, maybe I'll put it to Chris as an idea for gold. Smile
Exactly, I also thought it would be there. Anyway, it's a good idea to put it to chris :-)
Modification released. Smile

Sorry for the delay...had a lot of things to do recently.
woohoo...many thanks musicalmidget.
I will install it this week on my board.
Thanks again.
When I ran modinstall.php, I get:

Database updated successfully.
mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
Query: INSERT INTO templates VALUES ('', 'email_newpm', '$touser[username], You have recieved a new private message from $mybb[username]. To view your message, you can follow this link $settings[bburl]/private.php.', -1

Is it ok?
MM forgot to close the VALUES to insert into templates with a ). Attached is a fixed version for you. It should work.

Thanks, I found and fixed it already.
Yup, it was missing a couple ")".
Sorry about that.

Package updated. Smile
Musicalmidget,

I notice that every now and then the check box for email notification on my forum is not checked. I would check it and a day later it would be unchecked again.

BTW, on myBBoard.com, it doesn't save the check mark for email notification.

I am not sure if it's just me or it's happening elsewhere.

Apex
Pages: 1 2