MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would really like to see a more spacious shoutbox, with more features such as:

* A refresh button,
* Showing who is using the shoutbox,
* Full emoticon use (only some work)
* The ability to see what day the posts were made,
* When clicking on someones name, it opens in a new window,
* Maybe a stats page like the one at the MsgPlus boards??
* slap command
* Delete is javascripted like the myBB quick delete
* Size set to something around 93%

The bold bits are changes.
k776 Wrote:I would really like to see a more spacious shoutbox, with more features such as:

* A refresh button,
* Showing who is using the shoutbox,
* Emoticon use,
* The ability to see when the posts were made (timestamp),
* When clicking on someones name, it opens in a new window,
* Maybe a stats page like the one at the MsgPlus boards??

I would like to see these feature. Without them, the shoutbox is getting a bit empty. *sorry MM Big Grin*

so pritty much u want WDZ's shoutbox !!!!

oh and the shoutbox alreaady does number 4, just place your mouse over the shout, and it will tell u the time it was posted
You can also use emoticons in the shoutbox.

The shoutbox will be getting an update in the future, and I will include a refresh button, and user profiles will open in a new window (because I thought it did already Undecided).

I'm not sure about the rest though. Like toddy said, you basically just want me to recode WDZ's shoutbox, and I don't want to do that. Remember it's just a simple shoutbox, it doesn't need to be bloated with features.
see my first post for changes.

And atleast the who is online in the shoutbox please.
When you hover over a shout in the current version, it should already display the date and time that the shout was made.

All emoticons should work in the shoutbox, and support for the /slap command has already been added to the next version.The refresh button has also been added to the next version, as have the improved links to user profiles.

I'm sorry, I'm not planning on adding a stats page or a users online box to the shoutbox.

The new version will be able soon.
k776 Wrote:see my first post for changes.

And atleast the who is online in the shoutbox please.

i can give u the code to have "who's online" in your shoutbox !!!!!!!!!

if its alrite with MM?? pm me for the code

musicalmidget Wrote:The refresh button has also been added to the next version

if u don't mid me asking, what code have u used for the refresh ? and will it work in all browsers ? coz i could never get mine to work for all browser
Then I must be using and old version because currently it only shows time and ip.

And your right, all emoticons do work, I was trying to use ones like : suprised : which only exsist here Smile

Cool about the slap command, refresh button and links.

What about the fact that it is cramped?? I found by setting the field to somehting like 93% it looks really nice.
K776 Wrote:What about the fact that it is cramped??

what do u mean crampted ????
well, the shoutbox when I downloaded was set to 100% so it looked pushed outwards, setting it to 93% gives it room on all sides.

And please tell me the whos online code.

Also, when deleting a shout, can it be javascripted rather than loading a new page?? Like myBB quick delete??
k776 Wrote:well, the shoutbox when I downloaded was set to 100% so it looked pushed outwards, setting it to 93% gives it room on all sides.
wot do u need room on either side for ????

k776 Wrote:Also, when deleting a shout, can it be javascripted rather than loading a new page?? Like myBB quick delete??

i think its fine how it is now ! and don't think that many people wpould like it changed
Pages: 1 2