MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My sites gone weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[fixed] http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Forum/ doesn't show like it does on the front page. I streetchs all the way to the side (which it shouldn't, and the forums arn't there.

[Awaiting new notice from Chris] Also, in the Admin CP, under Version Check, it has this old notice:

Quote:Version Check
Here you can tell if your MyBB is up-to-date.
Your Version: 1.00 Release Candidate 3
Latest Version: 1.00 Release Candidate 2

Latest Announcements
myBB 1.00 Beta 4 Public Release!
Thats right folks, myBB has officialy been released to the public, well, you already know this because you have obviously got it installed and up and running.

Thank you for all your support during this long period.
This should be removed.

And there used to be a top bar at the top of the admin cp that let you to to your forums. Where is it??

Also, in the menu links, there is no link to the Admin CP. There used to be but not anymore. Can this be added?? If so how??

k776
k776 Wrote:http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Forum/ doesn't show like it does on the front page. I streetchs all the way to the side (which it shouldn't, and the forums arn't there.
The forums aren't there because you didn't read the announcement: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...08#pid1208

Quote:Also, in the menu links, there is no link to the Admin CP. There used to be but not anymore. Can this be added?? If so how??
You can add it through the template system but this would allow all users to see the link.

Quote:Also, in the Admin CP, under Version Check, it has this old notice:

Quote:Version Check
Here you can tell if your MyBB is up-to-date.
Your Version: 1.00 Release Candidate 3
Latest Version: 1.00 Release Candidate 2

Latest Announcements
myBB 1.00 Beta 4 Public Release!
Thats right folks, myBB has officialy been released to the public, well, you already know this because you have obviously got it installed and up and running.

Thank you for all your support during this long period.
This should be removed.
I think this is just because Chris hasn't updated the file on the MyBB server with the announcements and current version number.

Quote:And there used to be a top bar at the top of the admin cp that let you to to your forums. Where is it??
I'm not sure but I think it was removed Rolleyes
You can fix the stretching issue by changing your themes "Main Table Width". I use 98% on my board, this board uses 96%.

As for the version check, I didn't even know it still worked. I always get an error about communicating with the version server, which I assumed was a result of the forums moving a few weeks ago. Undecided
Quote:The forums aren't there because you didn't read the announcement: http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...08#pid1208
FYI, I downloaded less than an hour ago, and acording to Chris, the file have been updated in the zip, so I see no reason why it isn't working.

Quote:You can add it through the template system but this would allow all users to see the link.
It used to be there, and only admins could see it, why was it removed??

Quote:I think this is just because Chris hasn't updated the file on the MyBB server with the announcements and current version number.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:I'm not sure but I think it was removed
Sad No, no, no, no, no, no. How do I put it back?? That was a quick link to my forum after I made changes.

Quote:You can fix the stretching issue by changing your themes "Main Table Width". I use 98% on my board, this board uses 96%.
Thanks. Ill do that now.

k776
Although Chris said that the download package had been updated before I downloaded RC3 myself, I still had the error. Follow the fix he posted in the release announcement to make the forums visible again.

I also experienced the disappearence of the Admin CP link, but a few moments later it seemed to return by itself. I would recommend that you follow the fix above for making your forums visible again, then login again, and see if you can see the link.

I just had a quick look, and it appears that the files for the latest version and the latest announcements are indeed on this server, they just need to be updated.

I'm not quite sure what happened to the head bar in the admin panel, as the actual code for it is still in index.php, but the frame isn't. Of course, if you really want the bar back, you can just add the frame back to admin/index.php.
ok, I download the 4 files, now where do they go?? I dont understand his instructions.

k776

Edit: How do I move the table down a bit to make room for the logo found here: http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Forum/ (its been cut off Sad )

Edit 2: How do I get the frame back?? for the link to my forums? what code do I add and where??
db_inserts.php: place this file in /admin/, this can be found in the folder you created where you uploaded the forum software so upload this file with your FTPserver (you have to upload all 4 files with your FTPserver).

themes.php: has to go in the folder you created when you updated (like for example forum or forums)

announcements.php: has to go in the same folder as themes.php

upgrade1.php:
1. Go to the admin cp, Usergroups -> Modify / Delete -> (Choose any group) -> Edit -> Click Update Usergroup at the bottom of the page, and the cache will be built (you do not have to change any fields).

2. Make a post on your forums, the statistics cache will be built, and if you feel the need you can also delete the post.
To move the table down to make room for your logo... edit template 'css.'

Find
div#header h1 {
	background : url('$theme[logo]') no-repeat right;
	height : 67px;
	margin : 0;
}
Change the height to whatever fits your needs Smile
Kryptonate, thanks. The forums are back up and running. And the Admin CP link is back.

Edit: Thanks Matt Lite, the logo fits great now.

Few more things though:

1) http://www.linuxbox.co.nz/~kieran/Forum/...php?tid=15, Why is there 2 // in the link, and why is my name huge.

2) How do I add the extra frame to the admin cp??
If you want the top bar back in the admin center open up admin/index.php and go to the very bottom of the file. Find:
	echo "<html>\n";
	echo "<head>\n";
	echo "<title>$lang->mybb_admin</title>\n";
	echo "</head>\n";
	echo "<frameset cols=\"200, *\" frameborder=\"no\" border=\"0\" framespacing=\"0\">\n";
	echo "<frame name=\"nav\" noresize scrolling=\"auto\" src=\"index.php?action=navigation\">\n";
	echo "<frame name=\"body\" noresize scrolling=\"auto\" src=\"index.php?action=home\">\n";
	echo "</frameset>\n";
	echo "</html>\n";
Replace with
	echo "<html>\n";
	echo "<head>\n";
	echo "<title>$lang->mybb_admin</title>\n";
	echo "</head>\n";
	echo "<frameset cols=\"200, *\" frameborder=\"no\" border=\"0\" framespacing=\"0\">\n";
	echo "<frame name=\"nav\" noresize scrolling=\"auto\" src=\"index.php?action=navigation\">\n";
	echo "<frameset rows=\"22, *\" frameborder=\"no\" border=\"0\" framespacing=\"0\">\n";
	echo "<frame name=\"header\" noresize scrolling=\"no\" src=\"index.php?action=header\">\n";
	echo "<frame name=\"body\" noresize scrolling=\"auto\" src=\"index.php?action=home\">\n";
	echo "</frameset>\n";
	echo "</html>\n";
Pages: 1 2 3 4