MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After merge I cannot find posts and threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to bring vBulletin 4 forum into MyBB.
The MyBB version is 1.8 and the merge version is the latest.
All went fine with the merge but when I go to the new MyBB forum there is nothing there in the forums except the titles.
I get this message when I click any of the forum titles:

Sorry, but the forum you are currently viewing does not contain any child forums.

I do have all my private messages.
Not sure where everything else has gone and would appreciate some experienced help with this as I'm pretty much a newbie at this.

Okay, doing admin CP> Forums and Posts> Manage Forums then changing from categories to forums will get it listed as a forum. Choosing the default MyBB 'My Forum as a parent will get the posts. Phew!

But I can see some of the posts have things like this:

[h=1]The Campaign to Exterminate Muslims - by Chris Hedges[/h]

and this

“If iat the beginning and end of some sentences ”

and this

[INDENT][INDENT]

I'm sure it is a setting somewhere but not sure what it is or where to find it.
for the special characters like â€
can you check character encoding used for posts & database collation in vBulletin ..

Reg. BBcodes appearing like [INDENT]
for the vBulletin BBcodes try to add equalent MyBB MyCodes
or use SQL queries to remove those non-existing BBcodes

eg. SQL query
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '[INDENT]', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%[INDENT]%';

characters like †in posts can be also removed by using SQL query like above ..

[common sql queries guidance]
I got this error when I tried to run that code.

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ''[INDENT]''') FROM mybb_posts WHERE message LIKE '%[INDENT]%'' at line 1
hmm., please try :
UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `message` = REPLACE (`message`, '[INDENT]', '') WHERE `message` LIKE '%[[]INDENT]%';
I got a green tick and a message saying zero rows affected.

The stray 'Indent' things are still in place
^ strange. anyway, with [indent] tag do you also have its closing tag [/indent] in posts ?
(2020-01-24, 06:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ strange. anyway, with [indent] tag do you also have its closing tag [/indent] in posts ?

Yes

There seems to be issues with these things too. The videos are the same.
[INDENT][Image: kUuht00m_bigger.jpg][URL="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump"]Donald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump
[/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1036740691211284480"]
[/URL]

President Bashar al-Assad of Syria must not recklessly attack Idlib Province. The Russians and Iranians would be making a grave humanitarian mistake to take part in this potential human tragedy. Hundreds of thousands of people could be killed. Don’t let that happen!
3:20 PM - Sep 3, 2018

[URL="https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1036740691211284480"]
87.2K[/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1036740691211284480"]
43K people are talking about this[/URL]
[/INDENT]
okay. try installing ABP Tabulation and Indentation plugin & check if indent tags get parsed ...

btw, have you also tried SQL queries to remove characters like â€
(2020-01-24, 06:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]okay. try installing ABP Tabulation and Indentation plugin & check if indent tags get parsed ...

Thanks I will ftp this into MyBB plug ins

Quote:btw, have you also tried SQL queries to remove characters like â€

I don't know how sorry.

I have this when I go to "View PHP info"

Warning [2] phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 24 - File: admin/modules/tools/php_info.php PHP 7.1.28-1+0~20190412071042.17+jessie~1.gbpbe9b36 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/modules/tools/php_info.php 24 phpinfo
/admin/index.php 597 require

Format lost in cup and paste
^ if direct help required then you may PM me temporary access to your forum
admin panel
& webhost control panel [you can change your credentials later]
Pages: 1 2