MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you develop for IE6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey gang, when you develop your site, do you develop for IE6?

As in do you try to make your website IE6 friendly?
No. most of the developers do not (cannot) devote time for the IE browser ..
Ah, I see, thx M
(2020-01-24, 02:43 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey gang, when you develop your site, do you develop for IE6?

IE6 was End of Life on January 12, 2016, so no, I do not feel the need to write code for IE6.
(2020-01-24, 03:33 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-24, 02:43 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey gang, when you develop your site, do you develop for IE6?

IE6 was End of Life on January 12, 2016, so no, I do not feel the need to write code for IE6.

Wow, okay, I did not know that, I guess I will have to rethink my entire development strategy Toungue
Install IE6 and come back to tell us your findings.
(2020-01-24, 04:07 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Install IE6 and come back to tell us your findings.
Bwah ha ha! Good one! I will try that, as I'm developing my site to IE 6 standards!
<!– [if lt IE 9]>
Please do not disturb...
<![endif]–>

As in do you try to make your website IE6 friendly?
Really funny, I love this joke.
[Image: giphy.gif]
As Microsoft has many products in EOL IE was one of the worst explorers ever and now it's replaced by Edge a chromium project based like Chrome and many other explorers.

It's not easy to deal with all explorers anymore due some special rules / restrictions.

But don't waste the time into old explorers all new sites, explorers requeriments to make navigation in nice way are too much and all users actually needs to use a nice CPU to use internet imo.

But of course you are free todo but your site will be not friendly at all even phones have a best explorer and you can install your favorite one too.

I don't use IE since many years ago and i think actually most of the people use chrome, but i always use Mozilla because i like it since i use linux, but now i use Windows due my games gallery only runs into M$ environment with Mozilla Firefox.
Pages: 1 2