MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Active Threads 1.3.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks for your efforts @Laird

I want to add active threads to my inbox's sidebar.

Is that possible?

Using Godark theme :

https://community.mybb.com/thread-209772.html
Yep, it should be possible. I'm just not quite sure which sidebar you mean. In any case, it should be as simple as adding a link to "activethreads.php" into the relevant template for your theme.
Template - Index Page Template - index
<div class="sidebar">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<i class="fa fa-comments"></i> Active threads
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
I will add the  active threads there</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

and css part
.sidebar {
    overflow: hidden;
}
.forums {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 20px;
    width: 73%;
}

i need to have pure activethreads like $activethreads something like that. is it possible? dont need whole page. How can i do that?
OK, so, in the template, this is the HTML that you should use for the link to Active threads:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/activethreads.php">Active threads</a>

You can place that link wherever you think is best.
if i can publish it on index sidebar (not in a link) will be better .
Oh, I see now. I misunderstood. You want a listing of threads as provided by Active Threads to be shown in the sidebar, not merely a link to that listing. At the moment, that isn't supported, but once I've gotten a couple of other items out of my TODO list I'll see what I can do for you. Stay tuned...
(2020-06-13, 04:25 AM)Anony Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add active threads to my inbox's sidebar.

Is that possible?

(2020-06-13, 07:38 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, that isn't supported, but once I've gotten a couple of other items out of my TODO list I'll see what I can do for you. Stay tuned...

I'm late in getting back to you on this, but after looking into it, there seem to be existing plugins that do something like what you want, which it seems pointless for Active Threads to duplicate:

Also, I'm wary of providing a sidebar based on Active Threads because Active Threads is based on selecting a time range within which the numbers of posts in each thread active during that range are counted, which is a more expensive query than usual, so we'd probably need to cache the sidebar's contents and invalidate that cache when posts/threads are added or deleted, which seems like quite a lot of messing around as well as being error-prone.

Finally, given Active Threads' need for a time range, the number of returned threads can be variable, which is probably also not ideal for a sidebar, where you'd probably want a guaranteed display of the N most recent threads with recent posts, where N might be something like 5. Active Threads couldn't guarantee that there would be at least N threads during the specified time range.

Anyhow, please let me know if you still think Active Threads should provide a feature like this, and if so, why.
Released version 1.2.12, with the following update:
  • Fixes a bug in which deleted members weren't handled correctly.
I have installed this plugin, but nothing is visible.

What it means update template?
This plugin modifies the header_welcomeblock_member_search and header_welcomeblock_guest templates to add the "View Active Threads" link to them. If you are not using the default theme, then the modification attempt might fail, in which case you need to add the link manually.

Check those templates to see whether they contain the link <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/activethreads.php">{$lang->act_view_act_thr}</a>, and if they don't, then add it (you might need to enclose it in other tags, or style it, as appropriate to your theme - just examine how the other links in those templates are enclosed/styled).
Pages: 1 2 3