MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
trying to upgrade. When running the forum.com/install right after chosing Upgrade, I am asked for user and password. When I enter the correct admin user and password nothing more happens. When I enter worng user/password I get an appropriate errormessage.

Why does installation stop here?

Trying once more

The install script fails. 

Tried quite a few times now and it seems like user and password is not rejected, but the script stops somewhere after entering credentials and before presenting a new screen and I can't figure out why...
I get these two pages then the installer stops. Last page is after entering credentials.
Are you redirected to the same Please Login page after clicking Next? Are you able to log in again on the forum and the ACP?
When I enter credentials they get cleared and the login screen shows again. There is no Next button.

I cant login to the ACP as the DB is old and the files are new. But before copying the new files up everything works as usual - but as the old version.

I upgraded another forym just a few days ago. Same version. The install never asked for credentials.
There might be an issue with cookie settings: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-problems/
These can be temporarily changed in inc/settings.php (overwritten when saving settings using the ACP) - take a look at values cookiedomain, cookiepath, cookiesecureflag. If they don't match the new domain, path, and HTTPS support, login problems like you described can occur.
Thanks man! That worked!