MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBcodes of images, will they increase the size of database quickly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One of our member loves posting articles with his images. He uploads the image in imbb. And then put the BBcode link of the image in the posts. Now my query here is that will it increase the volume of the size of the database quickly? I am seeing a lot of increase in size since the member joined.
using BBcode [MyCode] doesn't take lot of space in the database.
(2020-03-16, 03:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]using BBcode [MyCode] doesn't take lot of space in the database.

The thing is for ten image links. The database has grown to 140 mb to 143 mb in size overnight, usually it grows 0.5 mb in one day.
^ you have to check size of posts table in the database.

if you are using most recent version of MyBB then probably sessions table is filling up
If you are talking about 'mybb_posts' then truth to be told I don't what to look in it.

And for 'mybb_sessions'. I am already using this 'task' to clear it. https://community.mybb.com/thread-225918.html
^ have a look at this image => Link

when you select the database, database tables list is displayed.
you can see size of each database table at that list.
(2020-03-17, 02:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have a look at this image => Link

when you select the database, database tables list is displayed.
you can see size of each database table at that list.

Okay, so I compared my today's database with a copy of one taken a week earlier or so. I compared it as you asked. I am seeing that mybb_posts is more or less the same size. Although, the mybb_sessions have increased a lot lately.

The task which I had running it runs every hour and deletes everything which isn't logged in for 3 hours.

Now, I am thinking may be I should be running it every 15 mins or so & delete everything which isn't logged in for 1.5 or 2 hours.

Can you help me with the code?
^ in the task file, you can try to use 1 hour for the session logging cutoff time
$timeHours = 1;
[ignore if you have already set it 1 hour]
(2020-03-17, 06:29 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ in the task file, you can try to use 1 hour for the session logging cutoff time
$timeHours = 1;
[ignore if you have already set it 1 hour]

Okay, got it thanks. One more little query what to set the time to run the task every 15 mins rather than in one hour?
^ you can edit the task & set Time: Minutes to 15
however, it might be better to set it to 30
Pages: 1 2