MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easy Install (Auto mod install)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A labour of love this one.

Find attached the zip file and some images of the mod.

This mod takes a formatted text file and edits your files on the server. It will offer the option to upload files if the install requires it, and run any SQL needed via a simple include statement or actual running static SQL.
You can restore the forum back to a previous state and delete recovery points if needed.

Simple documentation is included to help mod creators create install files.

I'm not going to upload this to the site or advertise it on the main site, till some people create their mods in this format.... after all, what's the point of creating something if people don't use it?
With respect to this, (with his permission) I've converted one of musicalmidgets mods to this EI format so people have something to try. (My cash mod is only partially compatible since I've changed a few things since then). You can find it at the link given below.

You can also get the latest files for EI from http://www.decswxaqz.co.uk/ei/
(The LinksPage folder contains musicalmidgets mod with the added LinksPage_install.txt that you can use to install the LinksPage mod).
Thanks again decswxaqz. Smile

I'll get the updated download archive for the links mod uploaded soon, and convert some other mods to the ei format too over the next few days...time allowing.
looking nice, although haven't tried it, maybe i will Smile
Nice work
Very nice. Can't wait till its 100% completed.
k776 Wrote:Very nice. Can't wait till its 100% completed.
What's that supposed to mean?! Toungue
oh :$ Im sorry. I thought it might be in beta testing mod or something :$
hahaha. It might look like it but it's not Toungue
Of course, there are some features to add, but I thought it's in a releaseable state as it is Smile.

EDIT: One day out and it's already got a slight update. Whilst converting another of musicalmidgets mods, I found a few errors which are fixed now. Nothing major, just displaying PHP errors instead of surpressing them. Uploaded new file to my web site and updated attachment.
decswxaqz, very nice one. I wanted to do one too, but i had no idea how to do it. (y) I'll create the special install files for my mods later on this week Smile
Ok I've updated EI.
It fixes a problem that you might get when trying to restore a mod.

Thanks to k776 for suggestions and bug fixing/testing.

EDIT: I'd be greateful for feedback on this if you've installed it. If you keep gettings errors, and if this release fixes it.
Pages: 1 2